Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 corsa d won't start

I have scanned for faults and I have p0335 error code which is crank shaft sensor incorrect signal I have replaced sensor started car, I then erased the dtc code from ecu now my car wont start but still showing same error code any advice please. I have had the timing checked and it hasn't jumped not sure what else to try

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Thank f**k for that i was worried you were going to say a 1.3 diesel and you were about to find out about the expense of water logged ECU's.

Are you getting sparks at the plugs?

Are you getting fuel to the plugs?

There are so may things it could be you are gong to have to rule all the obvious things out first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The garage has checked the wiring, the timing they are saying now that ecu could be to blame. Car was starting fine until I erased the dtc code. How would I check the sparks at the plugs

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Back in the day you would pull the spark plug lead off the top of the plug stick a good plug in it and put it on a metal part of the engine turning the engine over would either produce a spark or nothing, i don't know if this is possible with coil packs but i assume someone will be able to advise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Remove the coil pack and lay it on top of the engine. Plug it back in and test each coil one at a time by plugging a spark plug into each one, making sure the plugs are grounded, then crank it over and look for sparks.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Remove the coil pack and lay it on top of the engine. Plug it back in and test each coil one at a time by plugging a spark plug into each one, making sure the plugs are grounded, then crank it over and look for sparks.
Thanks i am glad things haven't changed that much :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
Nah, for all the advances in engine technology it’s still a suck squeeze bang blow cycle and before I get any clever buggers saying about rotary engines it’s still the same principal!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm getting a spark also I had my engine running when I cleared the dtc code p0335 engine went erratic and hasn't started since would this be ecu issue sensor was changed but code keeps coming back on

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
ECU's dont seem to be a problem on this model if you dont have the means of fault finding probably best to get an auto electrician to have a look at it.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
It might be worth trying another sensor as the new one may be faulty its a long shot but its all i can think of.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Sorry but it looks like you are going to have to take it to a garage that has the gear and know how to get to the bottom of the problem, i am from the days when cars didn't rely on computers to run and things were a whole lot easier to fix back then i often wish they were like that today having had some bad experiences myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I took it to a garage they couldn't find the fault will be towing it to another garage soon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts