Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently the small connector on my water pump pipe (small black plastic bit) broke off completely snapped leaving some of it inside the water pump. We got the piece out and ordered the replacement part, which came in brass. Only problem is it’s slightly bigger than the previous threads leaving it useless. Apparently they replaced the plastic one with brass because of this issue. I don’t want to have to go to the hassle of replacing the water pump though I will if I have too but just wandering has anyone else had this issue and if so was there any way around it ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
So recently the small connector on my water pump pipe (small black plastic bit) broke off completely snapped leaving some of it inside the water pump. We got the piece out and ordered the replacement part, which came in brass. Only problem is it’s slightly bigger than the previous threads leaving it useless. Apparently they replaced the plastic one with brass because of this issue. I don’t want to have to go to the hassle of replacing the water pump though I will if I have too but just wandering has anyone else had this issue and if so was there any way around it ?
Hey Deb, if im correct the part may have the temperature sensor? May see if you can find a corsa of your age and model, that someone is breaking and use the part from that one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Deb, if im correct the part may have the temperature sensor? May see if you can find a corsa of your age and model, that someone is breaking and use the part from that one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hiya yep unfortunately we’ve trolled the breakers yards and contacted a few who have advised breaking their Corsas but to no avail atm. It’s such a pain but thank you. I’ll keep trying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts