Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ive recently lowered my corsa d on adjustable coilovers 50 mm on front and rear would i be able to fit 17 inch wheels aswell coz i have 15 inch on at the moment or will it rub would i need spacers
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,326 Posts
50 mm drop looks sweet my old mate, I’ve a set to fit on mine yet so you’re is a very useful point of reference for mine and I’m on standard sxi 16’s and +5 mm spacers. Given the vxr is on 17 inch alloys and I’m reasonably sure they’re a 7 1/2 inch wide alloy standard sxi are 6 1/2 inch wide means we have at least an inch to play with so what id be very tempted to do is this, find a 7 1/2 or even 8 inch wide 17 or 18 inch rim and get to your local tyre spot and tell them you want the right tyre size on your rims but you want a narrow brand in that size. By that I’m on about when you look from the side of the tyre some brands are square like a goalpost shape if you like and others are more rounded like a ‘n’ shape if that makes sense and look at getting them with rim protectors built in, that way the £600 + you’ve dropped on the rims will be protected by your tyres. Even better, ring someone like demon tweeks and ask for the wheel and tyre department, tell them the year and model of your car, which suspension kit you’ve used and how low you’ve gone then they’ll be able to steer you in the right direction with things as that’s their bag and if they don’t know, we’re all right royally up the creek without a paddle!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would u say something like this would fit with maybe a thinner tyre or still be sketchy to do

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It’ll be tight but narrow rubber will help. You might end up having to have the arches rolled or pulled to get them sat right so they don’t rub on full load/ lock.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
You could go down the stretched tyre route too but not up on that shizzle but I’d imagine if you needed a 215/45/17 the stretched tyre might be a 205/50/17 but if you talk to the right guys they’ll put you on the right track, you might even get away with a 18 inch rim 8 inch wide 4 stud but I know from looking in the past 4 stud 18’s are limited choice. If you were on 5 stud the sky is the limit as to wheel choice but 5 stud conversion on a corsa involves some work!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I knew someone would put me right, this was above my pay grade anyway! 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts