Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a text from Pentagon Vauxhall today. They are offering the new Corsa VXR for personal lease.

£159 initial and £159 for 24 months. 5k mpa. This is for the standard VXR. Finding out tomorrow how much more for the performance pack or 18" alloys.

Does this sound like a good deal?

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Is that mileage realistic for you? How much will the insurance cost. Seems a really good price @ £159

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't do many miles. Have done 16000 in my current corsa which I've had for 3 years... So I could manage especially as I am planning on keeping my corsa D and sharing with the misses. Insurance is about £470 checked earlier.

Guy is going to ring tomorrow and I am going to see how much the performance pack impacts the monthly payment. As its a hire I guess I don't need to worry about selling it etc. And to be honest I was thinking that less than £2k a year loss on a car is pretty good these days... Especially if it's something fun...

·
Registered
356 Posts
takes from their website. even 10k a year is a good deal

Brand new Vauxhall Corsa 1.6T 205 VXR 3 door with Vauxhall Personal Contract Hire

Initial Rental Monthly Rental Mileage Term Excess Mileage
Pentagon Price £169 £169 5000 Per Annum 24 Months 6.64p Per Mile
Pentagon Partners Price £159 £159 5000 Per Annum 24 Months 6.64p Per Mile

Pentagon Price £199 £199 10000 Per Annum 24 Months 6.64p Per Mile
Pentagon Partners Price £189 £189 10000 Per Annum 24 Months 6.64p Per Mile

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you guys know what revised monthly payments I get and what I have asked to change later this morning

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just spoke to them and any options go straight on the payments.

For example adding the 18" alloys £159 option x 24 = £3,816

+ £500 = £4,316 (£179.83 pm)

·
Registered
356 Posts
so you have to pay the full price of the extras? so thats £3800 + wheels at £500 + pack @ £2400 = £6700 ?

£6700/24 = £279 ?

£120 a month for performance pack and nicer wheels is a fair wack

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the wheels are part of the performance pack of you choose that but yes you will take a hit on extras.... To be honest id probably be happy with the 'standard'

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree. Especially as I'd be giving the car back after 2 years.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It may change the car but I am not sure it's worth it for me. The standard VXR is still going to be decent I imagine!?

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
defenatly worth it changes the car completely like saying buy a bmw Audi but don't have the rspack or M sport pack
I think you are missing the point that is bing made. So you think it makes financial sense to pay full rrp for a performance kit that you'll only benefit from for 2 years. So the garage benefits from selling it after they sell it. You'd be a mug to pay that.

·
Wales Organiser
4,308 Posts
I think you are missing the point that is bing made. So you think it makes financial sense to pay full rrp for a performance kit that you'll only benefit from for 2 years. So the garage benefits from selling it after they sell it. You'd be a mug to pay that.
No point getting the car them really got buy s performance car with the performs packs

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just had a call off Vauxhall and it doesn't work like they initially said..... They put it in there system and it spits the numbers out. It was actually :

£159 Standard
£203 with 18'a
£239 with Performance Pack....

·
Registered
356 Posts
mug to get the 18's at £44 a month more, but the works for an extra £80 isnt to bad... im contemplating one as a weekend toy. for £160 notes. cant go wrong

1 - 20 of 36 Posts