Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks can i get a remap on my corsa 1.4 turbo with out vauxhall finding out and it effecting my warranty
cheers jay

·
Registered
860 Posts
a map voids the warranty they can find out if a vehicle has been mapped by just looking at the software on the vehicle.

a map can put strain on the engine so if you have any issues and the see its been mapped your basically stuffed lol

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
A remap voids the warranty if something goes wrong with tha car, u could chance it but if something goes wrong, won't be covered

·
Registered
176 Posts
a remap can be put on a car and taken off and vauxhall wont be able to trace this only the case if you have a totally diffrent map wrriten for you and your old map saved then if some thing gose wrong with the car you can have the map changed back bit of a mess about but it worked for me and vauxhall didnt trace it :)

·
Banned
347 Posts
Best bet is speaking to vauxhall about getting in contact with thorney Motorsport which vauxhall recommend. U do void vauxhall warranty on engine but then believe thorney give some sort of warranty. May be completely wrong bud but that's what I thought I had heard

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
a remap can be put on a car and taken off and vauxhall wont be able to trace this only the case if you have a totally diffrent map wrriten for you and your old map saved then if some thing gose wrong with the car you can have the map changed back bit of a mess about but it worked for me and vauxhall didnt trace it :)
They can see if the ECU has been accessed. So what you're saying is wrong. They can find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts