Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon guys,

My son has a Corsa D 1.2 petrol (2008) and we have been trying to change the CPS. To cut a long story short, the sensor broke off and was flush with the block. It was really fused into that bore and I succeeded in picking out the plastic bit by bit and managed to get the cylindrical magnet out. That left only the outer shell.

Continued picking and eventually the remaining lower part moved and dropped down so it is now resting against the CPS target wheel/reluctor at an angle that I won't be able to lift it out.

Now, the question is do I push it so it drops down into the sump? The other thing is does this engine have the baffle plate under the crankshaft? If it does then we clearly have to drop the sump to retrieve this part.

Any gurus here have any ideas or perhaps have encountered such a fiasco - we have been at this for 3 weeks, whilst dodging the rain and 'confined to barracks' during Xmas/New Year.

Incidentally, I have removed the offside driveshaft for better access.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Best,
Andrew

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after dodging the dreadful weather for the best part of another week, I got underneath again and tried drilling into what was left of the sensor, which was now sitting atop the reluctor ring. I did have some success as per the attached photo.
Gesture Wood Paw Soil Stain

One small piece, I would guess at 5mm square, didn't make it out of the hole and has dropped into the upper level of the sump. I now have a dilemma; either leave it and hope for the best or drop the sump which is going to be another time-consuming task due to the condition of the 3 exhaust nuts looking like they are welded to the studs.
Any thoughts folks?

Best,
Andrew

· Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
I now have a dilemma; either leave it and hope for the best or drop the sump which is going to be another time-consuming task due to the condition of the 3 exhaust nuts looking like they are welded to the studs.
Any thoughts folks?

Why not empty the sump and keep your fingers crossed it comes out with the flow of oil.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that's what I have done SXI, I haven't had a chance (before the rain started) to check the pan to see if it came out.
On a bright note, the car started up first time and appears to be running nicely.

Thanks for replying,
Andrew

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes, that's what I have done SXI, I haven't had a chance (before the rain started) to check the pan to see if it came out.
On a bright note, the car started up first time and appears to be running nicely.

Thanks for replying,
Andrew
Abit late but yes I would have drained the oil and then strained it to see if it was in fact in there. And then done a few flushes throughs with some cheaper oil (not starting the car.mind) just filled up the sump and then drop the oil again a few times

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts