Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 corsa 1.4i that’s done 48,000 miles my engine light came on, told it was crank shaft sensor A had that replaced. 4 weeks later light is back on crankshaft sensor A&B so back to the garage who said it’s the timing chain and needed a specialest to fix it. £1000 and 12 weeks later the light is back on crankshaft sensor A so back to the garage who replace it for free and 2 days later the light is back on 😡😡 clearly there is an issue here but what???? Could it still be the timing chain. Driving it yesterday and there wasn’t a lot of power and also felt like the car jumped twice but I thought I’d imagined it it was like the car cut off and instantly restarted within a fraction of a second ???

·
Registered
277 Posts
Was the car running ok when the light came on originally and the second time, cam chains normally last the lifetime of the engine and any fault would show up as noise from the chain if it had not suddenly got very noisy I would wonder if his diagnosis wa correct and you have paid a grand for nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts