Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a D 1.3 CDTi (90) for about 2 mths.
and I’m starting to hear loud creaking noises from the centre of the car (near the seat belt mounts both sides) when going around corners sharp some times slow this also happens when going over speed bumps.
what possible causes and do other people have to same problem.

cheers

Leigh

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ive heard of vx leaving the suspension blocks in on new cars so it might be worth checking that mate,worth a try

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Na no blocks on my one all looked ok.
Dam i'm going to take it back for a better look.

Cheers
for your help

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Its more than likely just the suspension creaking its a normal thing for alot of cars, as the springs settle although it can continue nothing to worry about but get it checked anyway wont harm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right got the car booked in and checked,
there saying the suspension needs a weld, y would the suspension need welded, is it not better to replace the suspension. so i had to rebook the car in for the weld at the body shop, when i turned up to book i was told that there was 2 corsa's D in with the same thing, and has been there for months, as VX do not know what to do with them, i was told by the manager that there only allowed to remove the parts and take happy snaps and send them to VX, and wait a response. Nice car it is but how do i take it back and get a refund.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You wont get a refund i been fighting for months now. The exact same problem is apparent in my hire car that im currently driving. Im taking speed bumps flat out and driving into every pot hole i can find and its getting worse. Best thing to do is launch a case with customer care and get your dealers to log a case with vaux technical because without those 2 numbers you will get nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car is now sorted... Yahooo... It was the door striker plate, it was not lining up with the door...

TFFT..:doublethumbs::yippe:

Leigh...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first the car was in for 3 days for a looking and told it was suspension, then body panels,ect ect, after 3 weeks wait to rebook, it was in for 1day, i was told it was found by accident "we drove you car in the garage with the door left a bit open and herd the same noise".... (per tech guy).

leigh...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
hmmm i got a knocking noise. sounds like it coming from the back of the car though. might take it down there are see if they will check the aline ment. if they touch it that is. after i got the indction kit, exhaust and lowering springs on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts