Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I seem to be noticing that people in the past have said fog lights mean stalk only is needed but this is not the case I think its to do with the electronic stability programme as mine has it and it had wire and my mums hasn’t and wire is missing below is all the info I collected whilst I was looking to do mine so thanks to all the people it came off

ANY QUERYS JUST PM ME I WILL TRY AND HELP AS I HAVE DONE QUITE A LOT OF RESEARCH

To fit the cc stalk you need to remove 3 screws, 1 beneath the steering wheel axis cover and 2 that are just behind steering wheel. Those 2 screws can be accessed by turning the steering wheel at +180 -180 to see them, they also have a cap on them. The old stalk is removed by inserting a slim long pin (kind of a long needle) on the bottom of the stalk, you will see a small hole, in order to free it from the steering wheel control unit. The new is fitted by pressing it all the way in, until it is secured in place, you will hear a clicking sound once it is fitted.

The local dealer should program 3 different parts.
1)ECU, to enable cc
2)BCM, to enable the cc stalk readout
3)ICM, to enable the dash cc led (it's already there ne need for led placement)

the TECH2 activation procedure, check it out.

1. With The Ignition Off,plug In Tech 2 And Turn On.

2. Go to "Engine Ecu"->"diagnostics"->"Variant Configuration"->"Cruise Control".
Change This From Not Present to Present And Confirm With Program.

3. Exit Back To The Main Ecu Choices Page And Go Into "Body"->"cim(steering Control
Module)"->"programming"->"security Code Required"(in Your Drivers Handbook Below
Vin)->"Cruise Control",
change This From Not Present to Present And Confirm With Program.

4. Go Back Again Into Body At The Main Ecu Choices Page->"ipc/ecu(instrument Cluster
Ecu)"-> "programming">"programme Variant Configuration"->"security Code Required"(in Your
Drivers Manual Below Vin)->"cruise Control",
change This From Not Present To Present And Confirm With Programme.
You may need to change the country code which can be found below the ipc/ecu choices
section.You will be prompted if this is required.

5. Exit Out To The Main Menu And Turn Off Your Ignition.disconnect The Tech 2.

P.S.: Again I want to clear out that this is for TECH2 only. Op-com won't do the job.

To remove the plastic cover around the steering wheel first turn the wheel to the 3 oclock position, remove black plastic cover and screw. Turn wheel to 9 oclock position and repeat. Remove 1 T20 Torx screw from lower casing underneath then pull 2 halfs apart.

If you look at the unit that holds the 2 switches there is a black multiplug with a red securing clip on the bottom rear side of this unit, this is where you need to look for the wire. Also, if you look at the indicator switch there is a shallow groove at the bottom. Insert something long and thin (l used a piece of welding wire) and push gently as you pull on the stalk and it'll release. Simply re-fit new switch and plug the flying lead in the socket at the bottom.

All fairly obvious once you get in there.

1. Right, here we go again! Looked at my copy of TIS 2000 last night and on the wiring diagram it shows a brown/green wire running from pin 20 of the column switch control unit to pin 41 of the Instrument Panel Body Control Manual and it's listed as Cruise Controlacc/del/set control wire.

Removed my column shroud today and checked the loom and surprise, surprise it's not fitted. This must be the missing wire that's been mentioned. Question is, can it be retro fitted or it is a full new loom required. This may explain why it'll Tech 2 up but log an error and not work.

Surprise Surprise,

anyway I think that you can easily retrofit the wire from the ipc to the ecu.

The questions is, where are the wires from the clutch switch connected to?

I mean are they properly connected to the ecu? Is there a way to TECH2 check the clutch switch functionality?

If yes, then you only need the stalk wire retro fitted and you are done.

I am not sure how this is done, but once I came across a tutorial for corsa C cc retrofit, with schematic designs from TECH2, that clearly point out the whole procedure.

Again feel free to pm me for more info or help
Matt

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Good thread Devvo, Tramman fitted my wire for me but he seems to think there is a problem finding the right crimps to fit to the wire, Vx don't sell them individually and the connector repair kits are hidiously expensive.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Is this a normal Tech 2 diaganoisic system you using or a special vauxhall coded one?? As i've been told unless the option was activated at the factory then you will need special access to activate it in the Tech 2 system.

Thanks Woody.
i think you can do it with any tech 2 system

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
prob best way is to get a plug from scrapyard and cut it up and join the wired :p rough arse but easy :)
PM Tramman as he removes the connectors from an unused plug somewhere, he may be able to shed some light for you.

Tell you what, CC is ace if you get it, 3 3/4hr round trip on M6 from Preston to Penrith made a lot easier by having CC on!

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this a normal Tech 2 diaganoisic system you using or a special vauxhall coded one?? As i've been told unless the option was activated at the factory then you will need special access to activate it in the Tech 2 system.

Thanks Woody.
i dont know i had mine tech 2'd ad vx and they needed cars pass number so it allowed certain settings to change thanks matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts