Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having troubles matching a blue calliper paint with a colour I can do the rest of the detailing in, any advice would be preferable.

Was looking at the Halfords blue, but they can't provide me with a colour code therefore can not match other mods. They can't match colours and they can't mix custom colours :mad: looking for a bright sort of blue.

Bit like this, willing to adjust to a little darker if need me, was looking at Arden Blue, but not sure where I can get custom calliper paint like have said :/

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dash some black paint in there :lol:
No I need a colour coded colour therefore can match ALL my detailing e.g heater rings, front/rear brace, spolier pinstripe.

Get b and q to do it :shrug:
So if I went to b&q and said can you match this colour eg Arden Blue, they can match colours??

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ermm...I'm a little confused on what exactly you want, if its Arden blue you want just buy the aerosol's?

Or are you wanting Arden caliper paint?
try a local paint factors, I can get pretty much any can from a place near me for £10

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ermm...I'm a little confused on what exactly you want, if its Arden blue you want just buy the aerosol's?

Or are you wanting Arden caliper paint?
try a local paint factors, I can get pretty much any can from a place near me for £10

First of all I'm looking for calliper paint mate, but I want to make sure I can match the colour of the calliper paint I use so that I can use the same colour for the mentioned mods.

Sorry I know it's little confusing. Basically I just want my callipers, heater rings, front brace, boot brace and applied pinstripe all in same colour. Get me?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Tbf, I sprayed the contents of a can into a small container to do a caliper once, worked just as well with a brush.

Other than that, any local motor paint factors will be able to match colours for tins and spray cans

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have halfords paint on my brakes. Great match to Arden blue.

Hammerite blue is alot darker
You think I'd get away with Halfords blue then? And the rest in Arden Blue?

Don't know of anywhere could get custom calliper paint then? If there is no chance of me getting custom paint then obviously I'll have to go Halfords blue. You got pics I can see of your callipers please?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disagree, Arden is a deeper blue, plus its metallic.
:/ my best bet I believe is to get a custom calliper paint. Therefore need to find somewhere you can match the Arden colour, Arden Blue is actually pearlescent. But maybe I could get it done at B&Q?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said a great match.

Do the brakes in the halfords blue and buy Arden paint if you're doing other parts.
The Halfords blue actually looks a little darker than the Arden Blue surrounding it. But yea I think that sounds like a plan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts