Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When I've recorded some error codes after visiting car wash, everyone was suspecting it's damp ECU.
Finally it wasn't ECU, but blocked EGR valve - but this is not important now.

Thing is that, when I believed it is ECU I've done some research, and the results confused me.

It looks that in Corsa D 1.3 CDTi most popular engine was Z13DTH with Italian ECU (Magneti Marelli?) and this one is getting damp. There is plenty of these ECUs on e-bay and they're rather expensive (300-400 quid).

But Corsa D 1.3 had also another engine variant: A13DTC which was supplied with BOSH ACDelco ECU.
As far, as I researched the case - this ECU model is very unlikely to get damp. I never seen anyone saying this model of ECU got damp. I've never seen any repair video with this ECU. I've never seen this ECU on eBay as repaired after getting damp. And after all - this ECU on eBay is much cheaper that Italian one. Whole set of all engine modules (including this ECU) costs less than 100 quid. This shows that there is not many people willing to buy it. So it must be very unlikely that users are having trouble with that.

I hope this will help.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
If the ECU is in the same place in both versions of the 1.3 diesel it will end up getting damaged by water due to its ridiculous location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the ECU is in the same place in both versions of the 1.3 diesel it will end up getting damaged by water due to its ridiculous location.
Possibly yes, but somehow in case of BOSH ECUs it is not happening or not so often.
Bosh case is different than Italian one - which suggests it has maybe better sealing.
Maybe the conformal coating of electronic inside is also better?
I believe that this part is designed to work in damp environment and it must be Marelli poor quality that causing the problem.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Possibly yes, but somehow in case of BOSH ECUs it is not happening or not so often.
Or maybe the majority of people who have the ECU problem don't search the internet for forums like this and register to tell everyone what a cock up VX made putting the ECU where they did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts