Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the idea has been in my head for a little while now and a few weeks ago I decided to go for it. I sold my Eonon D5107, which served me well, to my mate. I bought a Lenovo 7" tablet. I know it's no iPad but it's 16GB and comes with bluetooth, wifi and 3g, and for the price I cannot complain. I also bought a Sony head unit along with all the wiring and canbus boxes which makes it work with steering controls.

So I mounted the head unit under the glove box, came out really well.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Then after a bit of playing around I made the tablet fit in the head unit hole. I had originally bought a single-din fascia adapter which I then cut up to make a nice fascia to fit around the tablet. So here is where it currently is:
[/URL][/IMG]

The fascia could do with being rubbed down and either painted or wrapped as it's still a little rough around the edges. Hoping to get a 3g sim sorted for it soon so I can use maps and internet on the move.
Hope you all enjoy!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant you just tether it to your mobile phone for Internet connection?
Looks sweet by the way good job..
I can do but as my mobile contract is so old i always use all my data every month. A sim-only for the tablet isn't too expensive anyway.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind it being there, I think it looks quite good. And if I want to change a CD etc. whilst driving it would be very hard if it was in the glove box lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Candy crush saga installed... I can see traffic jams being a benefit for you now... Addictive but so annoying lol...

Looks well mate I think there will be a few of us with the balls to try it now :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks ace, you're next step is to buy a bluetooth unit for your OBD2 port and install Torque, this will give you all your read outs.

And as 3G connectivity buy yourself a Samba sim card for £5, it works off the 3 network and the data is free... here's the catch all you have to do is watch a few adverts to keep it topped up or pay a fee for some data. As its in your car that may work out cheaper.

www.sambamobile.com
www.torque-bhp.com

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice...do you have pics from the side? Im not sure if its the pic, but looks like it protrudes out from the fascia?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts