Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

I'm looking on some help this evening. When turning the lights on this evening I noticed the lighting has started to fail on my dashboard. I was like "Kiddin'me ?!", car is just 2 yrs old... (2010 1.3 cdti 75)
Problem is on the three circle buttons on the lower end, those to set-up the inside fanning and A/C. Left button has already his lighting broken, and on the center button the lighting still is on but is very weak.

Now OK that's nothing serious and i doesn't prevent the car from being driven but still it's annoying at night if I want to change the A/C settings etc.

Can I replace those lights myself or it it better to let a garage have a look ? (Car is not under warranty anymore, already expired...).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
It's easily replaced pm bannon he makes custom made led conversion board. They look awesome haven't got one of it but everybody recommends it or if you want to just replace the bulbs it's t5 not twist and lock just t5 on its own get vauxhall to do it for ya as you said it's under warranty mate hope that helps

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I had this exact issue and panicked but it's an easy fix. I bought the bulb from vauxhall for 99p + VAT and fitted it myself. I think there's a tutorial on here for dismantling the centre console and it's a 10 minute job.

My car was also under warranty and I took it to vauxhall who said that they would look at my car and if it was an electrical problem they would fix it under warranty free of charge. However if it turned out to be the bulb (which is a common fault) it would cost me £46 + VAT for the labour as bulbs aren't covered by warranty. Just as well I did it myself :lol:

If you need any help let me know :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer.

Looked at tutorials on my side and it seems the main job is removing the radio system, as factory ones are a pain for that due to all the antithefts...

Dunno what to do atm, on one side I'd want to fix that but on the other side I don't want to risk breaking sth :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the answer.

Looked at tutorials on my side and it seems the main job is removing the radio system, as factory ones are a pain for that due to all the antithefts...

Dunno what to do atm, on one side I'd want to fix that but on the other side I don't want to risk breaking sth :D
Taking stock radio out is simple just buy some double din keys off eBay. Then just disconnect two cables at the rear and then follow the tut for the heater control. If you break something your obviously doing something wrong. Just be carful when removing plastic items as not to snap them. And even if you brake a few clips it still fits back in with no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts