Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my Black edition yesterday so far I am very pleased with it, I know someones recently caught Fire let's all hope that's not a common problem!! I hope as mine was only built a couple of weeks ago it doesn't happen (glad all involved were safe), My car sits on a 13 plate with ESP, Touch navigation system (works very well), Vx protect inside and out (makes it look all shinny), and I have to say I kinda like the way the alloys look, I know a lot of here don't but hey each to there own, well that's about it really Ill have some photos up soon just wanted to let you all know I've got my pride and joy now!!

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Well done mate made up you have got it :) I'm waiting for the phonecall to go and pick mine up this morning, gunna be a long wait :p look forward to pictures of it too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
nice one buddy! i think the alloys look spot on on the black editions!
enjoy it! im still in 2 minds whether to get one, whats the stoo start like?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice one bud, hope you enjoy the BE as much as I am, the only criticism I have is that the tyres could've been a bit wider than 215 as the alloys protrude out slightly further than the sidewall of the tyres.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guy's thanks, congrats on getting your today, it is a very nice drive and pulls quite good mph so far got the reading up to 350 miles in tank it started on 305 miles left when i picked it up and Ive used less then a quarter already and Im on 57 miles lol, I agree with the alloys but they could of just used the 225 from the VXR and given it the six speed gear box too....The stop start well it hasn't kicked in yet the dealer said it would but I read on here somewhere you have cover a few miles first but there is a button to turn it off so it's all good, I particularly like the three light that tells you when to change up a gear to be economical I didn't know it had that pics will follow soon....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stop start is ok at first but can be annoying, be careful tho as it will shut engine off whilst you are still moving if you inadvertantly put it in neutral and release the clutch before you come to a full stop.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah thanks for the tip, just a few things to run by you.....one: did you get a owners manual with the car, two: did your have the limited edition badge on the side because mine doesn't which is fine I would of taken it off anyway but just curious??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ah thanks for the tip, just a few things to run by you.....one: did you get a owners manual with the car, two: did your have the limited edition badge on the side because mine doesn't which is fine I would of taken it off anyway but just curious??
one: yes
two: yes

If you did't receive either then I would go back to your dealer and ask what is going on as the LE badge is fitted at the factory and as far as I know the manuals are put in each car before they leave the factory, just out of interest is your colour carbon flash (metallic black) and have they fitted the 1.4 turbo engine :biggrin:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I only use my stop start when I'm in a long ass queue, I've found on my black edition the stop start doesn't work when the heating setting is on the front window, it works on every other setting :/ not sure if this is normal or an issue with mine? As for the mpg I'm happy with it :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I only use my stop start when I'm in a long ass queue, I've found on my black edition the stop start doesn't work when the heating setting is on the front window, it works on every other setting :/ not sure if this is normal or an issue with mine? As for the mpg I'm happy with it :)
with the heater set to the front window only the car thinks it is on defrost/demist and disables the s/s, there are a cpl other things I read in the manual that prevent the s/s from working to do with the air con and ambient outside temp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love the stop start always have it on, won't kick in until the engine has reached temp and got lubed up..

Also if you have t on the front window setting as you say it not work because it thinks your demisting the window.
Although if you take it off that setting and put it back on it will s/s..

One problem I have with it was when I was at a pedestrian crossing some teenage lad was laughing thinking I stalled :/ lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vauxhall Drive called me today and said that all 2013 Black edition wouldn't have the limited edition on them as they are trying to distinguish the two models....and my owners manual is on order as they ran out???? Seems fishy to me....Yeah I got the turbo engine everything else is all very good just missing the limited edition badge......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice choice picking the black edition, just picked mine up today and absolutely love it. The stop start takes some getting use to for me because when I put it in gear I end up trying to set off before the engine has actually kicked in again but I suppose its just part of buying a new car. Personally I think they should replace the le badge rather than just removing it and give it a new be badge? I think that will really distinguish the two models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I quite like the black edition. I would have gone for one but due to insurance costs and other factors, i managed to get a better deal on a different model corsa, yet mine has the start stop function too.

The start/stop is decent if your in heavy traffic or waiting at lights but it wont kick in until the engine reaches a certain temperature. According to the VX salesman that sold me my D, it only kicks in when you put the car in neutral with handbrake, but ive found it kicks aslong as you put the car in neutral regardless of whether you hold the car with the brake or handbrake.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah that's true, it is a nice feature....it's also nice that they give you a button to turn it off it you so wish.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts