Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was reading in a newspaper today that all cars after Jan 2013 have to have a tyre pressure monitoring system (needed for an MOT). I have a 13 plate 1.4 SE Corsa. I don't think it has the system fitted. I certainly haven't got a button on the radio unit (P 170 in the Corsa Owners Manual shows a button to the left of the antitheft alarm button). I don't get a light showing when I turn the ignition on either so maybe my car hasn't got this as standard. I think it is standard on VXR's. If it is needed for the MOT shouldn't all cars have it fitted now.
DaveNorthwich

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yes, started 1st March this year on all new cars so won't actually be in the test until 2015 at the earliest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking into this a bit more. Copy of text below

Tyre pressure monitoring systems fitted to vehicles first registered after 1 January 2012 must be working correctly and not indicating a malfunction.

This is from the following site
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html

I think it means that if cars have the monitoring system fitted (as VXR's do I think) then it has to work properly or the car will fail an MOT.
I assume that it doesn't have to be fitted and therefore if it isn't fitted then there isn't a problem. It can't fail for not having one.
Do you agree with this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Sorry to go on, you'll be getting bored with this soon.

I just found this article
http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk/reg...nitoring-systems-tpms-are-now-obligatory-4511
Quote from the article

Known under the name Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), this equipment became mandatory from 1st November 2012 and on all new car models and will be mandatory on all new vehicles sold in Europe by the end of 2014.

This seems to be referring to all new car models after 1 Nov 2012 must have this system. I assume then that because a Corsa D isn't new after that date it doesn't have to have this monitoring system.

I need to see if a new model that came out after 1 Nov 12 has this as standard. I’ll check the Vauxhall Adam first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts