Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. I’ve been searching for help for days. Bonnet lever cable snapped.
it was pulled from my car. I literally don’t know how to put a new one in. There’s no guide. All it says is “refit in Reverse”. It’s impossible when the part isn’t even in your car.

what do I do?

2008 (5 door).

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
597 Posts
If your bonnet is released then you stand half a chance of doing something as it goes from passenger side where the handle is through the bulkhead and down the front wing to the slam panel where the bonnet pin and lock is, however if the bonnet is fully down you’ll have to have arms like a octopus to reach up from underneath to release the bonnet from there

·
Registered
161 Posts
Best bet is a hayes manual if no one else knows how. Not sure if thats the guide you referred to. I don't know my self im afraid as never done one and only had the car a few months.

I would imagine it shouldn't be to hard to figure out but will take alot of studying and will be a job to get the bonnet open like said above.

Otherwise I think it would be a mechanic or vx job. You could try your local scrap yard if they are friendly enough as I have found they know more than you think about removing and fitting them (Had the same issue with filler cap on micra)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts