Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.

I have a questions about engine oil temps. When i'm driving normally the temp sits around 110°C, but when I do some spirited driving it creeps past 125°C. Is this too high and will it cause eventual damage. I am thinking about fitting an oil cooler as I would like to do a few track days in the future but not sure if to do it sooner rather than later. By the way my car is a 1.7 CDTi (loads of mods/map etc).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Given the habit you have of warming it through ahem, adding a oil cooler won’t do any harm and even a front mount intercooler if you haven’t got one already!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always warmed up before booting it. FMIC won't have any impact on oil temps as its air intake. Are oil coolers easy peasey to fit?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Fmic’s might make it a bit more laggy for when turbo spoils up but it’d help bring air temps down, as far as I’m aware oil coolers aren’t bad to fit in, it’ll be finding a kit for a corsa 1.7 so I suspect it’d have to be universal fitting kit. Might be worth having a quiet whisper to regal or thorney about things, end of the day someone that knows Vauxhall’s and have tuned diesels before will know more about the job. Know thorney did a quick astra h cdti that wasn’t far behind a vxr on the track, and regal play with diesels too. Hope that helps

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate. I did gather it'll be a custom made kit. I'm used to making custom kits for this car as no one makes aftermarket mods for it.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
The bigger the better then mukka, given a standard 1.7 runs 130 ish you must have some respectable figures, must keep up with a vxr in the real world, be good to see a vid on you lube of it in tea world driving and all mods you’re running. Keeping a eye out for a half decent 1.7 myself to replace the 1.2, miss the pull of a diesel too much, once you get a taste for turbo’s they’re ruddy addictive! A nice grandad spec sleeper 😝

1 - 7 of 7 Posts