Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans of getting my D's windows tinted were slashed today as the lass at Direct Line said they would not cover me and void my insurance with them as I am too young.

It is supposedly their policy not to insure a car with modifications to anyone under the age of 25.

Is there any little loophole around this?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Change to quinn direct, Relatively cheap quotes and when i enquired about exterior modifications (Meerely for looks) they where fine about it.

Or you could just not tell them as fusco said:nono:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have already paid for the years insurance with direct line though.
i cant just change all of a sudden can i? CAN I? because it was a good £1000+ i paid.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
im a first time driver who hasnt even passed his test and i think my insurance cost 800 and odd, I thought that sounded reasonable me.

About changing insurers, You would have to ask someone older who has more knowledge because im clueless? lol

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
£800?! cheap as chips. feeling ive been a little conned.
what model is it for and engine size?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
you can change insurance company whenever you like however they will only refund a certain amount of your policy ££. rung them and ask what they would refund you if you cancelled now. You;d also lose your NCB for this coming yr with them but if ony just started the policy then thast not really an issue.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i started the policy for around 4 months now.
depending on how much ill get back, i might stick with them for the year or change over.
cheers for the info.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reincarnating this thread as there has been a MAJOR update.

today, i called into Direct Line again to enquire whether they will let me upgrade my stereo system or not - in which they said yes.

i also found out that we (under 25's) can infact have window tints in the car. hurray!
the nice man on the phone double checked for me with presumably the manager. they simply do not allow "any performance or cosmetic changes to the car".
he even wrote in the little comment box in my policy that i am allowed them.

i know there are others under direct line on here who were rejected permission to do window tints too.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
779 Posts
reincarnating this thread as there has been a MAJOR update.

today, i called into Direct Line again to enquire whether they will let me upgrade my stereo system or not - in which they said yes.

i also found out that we (under 25's) can infact have window tints in the car. hurray!
the nice man on the phone double checked for me with presumably the manager. they simply do not allow "any performance or cosmetic changes to the car".
he even wrote in the little comment box in my policy that i am allowed them.

i know there are others under direct line on here who were rejected permission to do window tints too.
hope this helps.
Surely window tints would be considered as "cosmetic changes " :?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as i thought too. however, i guess its partially for privacy reasons too.
its in their "allow" list anyway.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Just on a similar subject, what about MOT's? are they not strict on mods? We have a NCT (National Car Test) in Ireland & I have heard they will fail a car for non- factory fitted extras.

·
Registered
216 Posts
im with direct line, havent told them about my sub, neons, new lights, or tints, they can kiss my ass assdirect line are B***ards lol wont le me do anythin

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think MOTs purely just test out the safety of the car. ie- windscreen wipers, tyres, headlights etc.
unless the mods pose a health and safety risk, then i think it will be A-OK.

XxRoadHog: you should declare your tints and sub. merely just incase something should happen. i mean, its just a phone call and they should be happy to accept them. i think.

dont think direct line would give a rats arse whether you had neons or new lights. people have to change bulbs now and again. surely the insurance company doesnt need to know whether you put a new bulb in or not.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
then again, Direct Line are a bunch of tossers. - no offence to employees of the mentioned company.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
i think MOTs purely just test out the safety of the car. ie- windscreen wipers, tyres, headlights etc.
unless the mods pose a health and safety risk, then i think it will be A-OK.
You're right. The MOT's for the running, and safety of the car.

The bulbs should be fine too, aslong as you're not putting in HID's, or anything like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts