Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I have a question as I'm currently learning to drive with my test coming up in a few days, I need your opinions on whether I should indicate left here or not. There is a local roundabout leading into a super market but it only has 2 exits, the first is straight on the the second is right into the super market, do I need to indicate left when going straight ahead or not?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dont think any experienced driver would bother indicating but ask your instructor, the examiner may consider it as the same rule for first exit. Good luck with your test, and remember its only 45 mins so dont do silly mistakes like speed! Common fault

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No clock method, just that when going straight on, indicate left just after the first exit. Could you explain the clock method to me, I feel it may be of some benefit to me :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that was what I was thinking, haven't had time to ask my instructor yet as I was just thinking about it today. Thanks for advice, much appreciated!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah that was what I was thinking, haven't had time to ask my instructor yet as I was just thinking about it today. Thanks for advice, much appreciated!
Only rule for going straight on at a roundabout is.. Indicate left off the round about after the first exit (if the straight on exit is the first exit, indicate is still advised) and ALWAYS left lane unless otherwise advised (usually on the road).

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
It's a three way round about. No junction on the left. It's not a mini round otherwise it would be painted. So do the normal checks. Indicate when changing direction. Don't touch the white lines exiting on both sides. So yes. Lol. #flipflop

Personally wouldn't as it's a three way roundabout but the official line is yes. No if it's a mini which would be painted or have a small hump.

Conti sport 3's - 2 sold 2 left - Nearly full tread, as close to full as you can get. . http://ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147690

·
Registered
180 Posts

I can imagine him marking you down for failure to indicate, but I cant see him marking you down for indicating where you shouldn't as its still good practise letting other road users know where your going

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
Definitely indicate in my opinion. As said, it will make the people who are waiting to enter onto the roundabout aware of where you're going.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts