Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right .. after my friends corsa D loosing its battery 3 times over the winter i told him he needed to get it checked out .. so vx checked it and they couldnt find anything wrong with it ... so i decided to check it myself.

The person that had installed the amp into the car had connected the Remote wire to the Live wire so that meant that the amp was on constantly slowly running down the battery ...
it took about 4 weeks to do this so when you are installing a sub please make sure that you connect the Remote wire as it is one of the most inportant ones ! (usually blue)

it connects to the back of your head unit (usually blue wire) ... here's a diagram i made :) hope it helps

TJ

Attachments

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yh, apparently there is a tutorial somewhere on the web (not cduk) and it tells you to do this if you cant find the remote wire ...
or if your head unit doesn't support an amp .. so just wanted to warn people so they don't make this mistake :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If you don't have a remote wire coming from your head unit eg CD30, best place is a brown wire (iirc) going to the ciggy lighter, bit of a pain getting to but worth it in the end.
My mate thought he'd be clever and improvise a remote wire into the cd30, flat battery the next day, nice one!

·
Trader, Standard Product Trader
530 Posts
Guys, there is a remote output on the CD30 (and the CDC40, CD60 etc. etc. for that matter). It is labelled "AR" or "AA" on the pin diagram at the top. Use it! :)

BUT - don't connect anything else to this pin other than the amp remote or you will smoke the headunit.

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The remote wire basically is as it says .. a remote wire. its a remote that turns your amp off when the car is off and on when its on (+ the head unit) ...
There is another way of doing it but it would take a wile. Instead of cutting up wires ect .. if your HU doesnt have a remote output then just put a single wire from your battery to a switch, then from the switch to the remote wire. this way your feeding the live feed from the battery to power the amp, but with a switch on.

This isnt reccomended though incase you ever forget to turn off the switch..

NOTE: All wires conencted to batterys should have a fuse box on to prevent your car setting on fire :)

it should look like this

Battery----Fuse---------------Switch---------------------Amp

Need any help just ask :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
or do what i did, run the remote cable from the remote slot on the amp down the drivers side door, and then back up to the amp and put the other end in with the power cable.
then where the remote cable turns back on itself by the drivers side door, cut the wire and put a switch there, iv got mine by the door sill for easy access.

So now your sub is only on when you flick the switch on, meaning i dont have boom boom when im taking my nan shopping but i do have boom boom when im out with the lads!

If your really creative like me and dont have a model with air conditioning, run the remote cable behind the center console, and buy the air conditioning switch off ebay and wire the remote to that, so you have a proper button on the center console which puts your sub on and off. :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also doubt you would ever leave it on as when i turn my car off it always makes a few thuds unless i turn it off before haha!
You should probably check your wiring ... :look:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I connected the remote wire to the glove box light. There's a constant supply whenver the ignition is on. after about 5 minutes of switching off the ignition the amp switches off as well. never had any problems yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it right that if there's no remote wire on the back of the head unit you can run a small switch with some 18 gauge wire from the ciggy lighter?
You can run the remote straight of the cig live wire as it is not constant on so it will act as a remote done it a few times but always check by plugging your phone in to the 12v cig port to double check it doesn’t stay on as I’ve had one car do this so I wired the remote up to ignition

1 - 19 of 19 Posts