Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, , I have the 1.7D and wondering whats the best way to clean the DPF? I only do short journeys but they include 2 motorways for about 10min...What does it need to clean ie high revs or high speed? Would going 60 in 4th to the job? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Hmm, shouldn't be too bad doing motorway journeys. But I say at least once a week you should get it upto temprature and give it a good thrashing.

If you see lots of **** coming out the back, you know you've done the trick!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
You need to maintain a speed over 40 for 30mins for the re gen to induce. My advice is once a month get some v power in her and then give her a good drive on motorway. 30 miles will see it good mate. Re gens are quite far apart on the corsas that why they have some issues. A renal will make it regen more frequently which will make it cleaner for longer

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
In addition you don't need to change your driving style to re gen. Doing 60 in 4th isn't economical so a manufacturer would never sell it with that as a method. Just do 70 in 5th for 30 mins job done. Don't be tempted to use fuel additives totally unnecessary also you need to make sure its DPF safe ! Other wise it'll eat the DPF

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That link further up was a good read, il just drive normally and try get a longer motorway trip once a month or something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts