Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,404 Posts
Start it up, 3rd gear, drive it at 70 on the motorway for a hour , yes you’ll want to set fire to the sod after 45 mins, but stick to it, then every 4 th tankful fill up with shell v power diesel and that should help the problem. Well it used to cure my old Astra van and avoid short journeys as that kills modern Diesel engines, they need a good run out once a month or so, almost drive it like you stole it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well it used to cure my old Astra van and avoid short journeys as that kills modern Diesel engines, they need a good run out once a month or so, almost drive it like you stole it!
Good advice again Dave.
I never saw the regen symbol on my 1.3 Corsa dash in the 8 years i owned it probably because i used to travel on a dual carriageway every day on the way to and from work so it was 70 mph all the way for 20 minutes and i used to let it rev high through the gears once it was warm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice David, I tried that on the way back from work doesn't seem to have shifted it.

I've booked in to get it cleaned with these guys

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thank you for the advice David, I tried that on the way back from work doesn't seem to have shifted it.

I've booked in to get it cleaned with these guys

Dave is right, if you want to save abit of money and just use up some time. I would try this process a few times and then also run some dpf cleaner system cleaner in the car you can by this over the counter at Halfords, euro car parts Amazon eBay etc. Then after a few tries I would then go to this company. Either way let us know how u get on.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts