Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drums need doing! Been putting it off for a while now although a horrendous screeching sound is produced when they are warm after 10/20 mins and continue for the rest of the journey. Embarassing when using the brakes now.

Anyway,

Scouting euro car parts the final price for 2 drums and the shoes is going to be £166 and thats with the discount! (Price without discount is £255)

Looking on ebay you can get the set including 2 drums and sets of shoes for around £60-£90 for example - FOR VAUXHALL OPEL CORSA D 1.2 1.4 2006-2011 NEW 2 X REAR BRAKE DRUM + SHOES SET | eBay

Anyone had any experience with the ebay sets that are significantly cheaper than euro car parts. I dont mind forking out the extra for it being better in the long run although just peoples thoughts on them and if anyone has any other car part sources please let me know.

Many Thanks
Ewan

·
Registered
768 Posts
Drums need doing! Been putting it off for a while now although a horrendous screeching sound is produced when they are warm after 10/20 mins and continue for the rest of the journey. Embarassing when using the brakes now.

Anyway,

Scouting euro car parts the final price for 2 drums and the shoes is going to be £166 and thats with the discount! (Price without discount is £255)

Looking on ebay you can get the set including 2 drums and sets of shoes for around £60-£90 for example - FOR VAUXHALL OPEL CORSA D 1.2 1.4 2006-2011 NEW 2 X REAR BRAKE DRUM + SHOES SET | eBay

Anyone had any experience with the ebay sets that are significantly cheaper than euro car parts. I dont mind forking out the extra for it being better in the long run although just peoples thoughts on them and if anyone has any other car part sources please let me know.

Many Thanks
Ewan
Hey Ewan,

Don't worry about drum brakes, that is something just take your time and do one side at a time so you have a reference and take pictures galore.

In regards to the brakes, i.am a believer of youget what you pay for. At the very min on eBay ensure when you look in the listing under 'brand' make sure it doesn't say unbranded. It will be cheap stuff, try find a brand and then research that brand.

Also not sure but look for the same parts on Car parts 4 less.co.uk . Euro and car parts 4 less are the same company but the other is sufficiently cheaper. If that a look first.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for the link Carparts4less.co.uk.

I hadn't realised how much a set of drums and pads will set you back its years since i have changed either.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the link Carparts4less.co.uk.

I hadn't realised how much a set of drums and pads will set you back its years since i have changed either.
We'll keep us posted on how it goes, maybe take a.few pictures of process / any issues (not saying Ng will be) may help someone in the future.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts