Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove at 60-70 mph today and noticed the car drifiting to the left
so im hoping that its an air pressure problem if not its going to have to go back to vauxhall

also my gf dad drove it and he a mechanic and said the steering seems heavy (is any one elses power steerin heavy?)

feels liek my car on air sorta thing ha ha

Any one got any ideas if its not the tyre pressure?

·
Registered
258 Posts
my 1.3 was pulling to the rite when i got it. Checked air pressure and they were all over the place! when i had my 1.7 it pulled to the left really bad but i was told it was common! the 1.4 i had pulled as well but i just drove it into a kerb n that sorted that :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ya i have it going to the left also...
As with the steering being heavy where you going fast, for the Corsa has speed-sensitive steering, could this be the heavy part, or is it heavy when going slow. I know the steering in my car is like ultra light, when compered to a Volvo S40 that is. I started to think it was the camber of the road i was on when my one started drifting, i also had the tracking relined but no joy.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Probably like people have said pressures, power steering on my VXR is stupidly light id like it to be more heavier for better feel

·
Registered
128 Posts
steering seems heavy
Steering should not be heavy at all at any speed. The powering steering should be really light and it takes some getting used to at first.

Defo check your tyre pressures, as somnone else has had mine were all over the place. Was also very surprised at what the recomended pressure is fo rthe derv.

Should be 39 front and 36 rear, which is a lot more than my Corsa C.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Steering should not be heavy at all at any speed. The powering steering should be really light and it takes some getting used to at first.

Defo check your tyre pressures, as somnone else has had mine were all over the place. Was also very surprised at what the recomended pressure is fo rthe derv.

Should be 39 front and 36 rear, which is a lot more than my Corsa C.
i spoke to vx befour and they told me to keep it 30 allround how told you that mate

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are you sure about that tyre pressure? Where'd you find that out from?
Thats what it says for best economy in the tyre pressures bit in the handbook, I'm a bit surpriesd though, I'm gonna pop into Vauxhall on me way home from work to check.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right iv had it at vauxhall today really annoyed
cos going by book tyre pressure should be 29 front n 26 rear psi and all my tyres were set at 33!!!
and then it kinda stopped the problem but then the mechanic checked it all out and said it was all fine underbonnet (this is same guy who said that it was still slightly pulling) so i dont know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts