Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be ordering a new amp sometime in the next couple of weeks to power my sub separate from my 4 channel, so looking for a wiring kit. I noticed a dual amp wiring kit which is great but the 2nd power cable is only 6ft long which wont fit from front to back in any car. A mate of mine says it should have a 2-way fuse but doesn't look like it, anyone have any idea how that'll work? Kit is http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-db-audio-txw4ps_p-21594.htm

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh yea that looks like what I meant, and noticed in the description it says 2x distribution blocks so that answers that question, thanks! :D 1 other thing though, being that the first wire is 4 gauge going into the block, the 8 gauge comes out, I'm running a fairly high powered system so would probably need 4 gauge going into both amps. The kit comes with 1 4 gauge wire and 1 8 gauge so I'm guessing it could probably be split to 2 4 gauge outputs? I don't really know how the blocks work as I've never even heard of them before today!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Ohhh yea that looks like what I meant, and noticed in the description it says 2x distribution blocks so that answers that question, thanks! :D 1 other thing though, being that the first wire is 4 gauge going into the block, the 8 gauge comes out, I'm running a fairly high powered system so would probably need 4 gauge going into both amps. The kit comes with 1 4 gauge wire and 1 8 gauge so I'm guessing it could probably be split to 2 4 gauge outputs? I don't really know how the blocks work as I've never even heard of them before today!
What are you running bud?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1000 watt rms sub and 1500 watt max 4 channel powering 110w rms x4 speakers so 8 gauge should be ok, just a bit funny about 8 gauge.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea that's what I was thinking, I'll phone the company tomorrow and see what they have, shouldn't be too much more to buy a bigger distribution box, and have a spare 6ft 4 gauge wire in the garage. Hopefully that'll be all I need, but can't really see many bigger blocks which is odd but I guess the other option is to buy 2 complete 4 gauge kits and wiring them completely separate.

J

·
0 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking, I'll phone the company tomorrow and see what they have, shouldn't be too much more to buy a bigger distribution box, and have a spare 6ft 4 gauge wire in the garage. Hopefully that'll be all I need, but can't really see many bigger blocks which is odd but I guess the other option is to buy 2 complete 4 gauge kits and wiring them completely separate.
My mate runs two wiring kits for his two subs. The only down side is the two cables on the battery. Sounds good though ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Jall,

You need an Autoleads PC4-28 dual amp wiring kit...the kit comes with 0g cable to run from front to back, distribution blocks, 4g cable to run into the amps, cable ties, fuse holders, fuses etc etc.

We sell these kits at £99.99

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate but phoned up a guy willing to fit it, just waiting on a price and he has all cables on the roll so should be set for installation. I'll let you know if I can't get him to fit it though, will definitely get that kit off you if he can't fit for any reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts