Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can ask if some one as fitted DVD HU there corsa D, What I want to know is if I need any more cables to fit the DVD HU, i have fascia for a single Din HU.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ive fitted a double din hu. it had to hav a custom facia made but the wires jus plug into the cars original loom.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
do the steering controls still work, allard?
also does the screen which tells you the time work aswell?
thinking of getting one'

·
Registered
831 Posts
you need a lead to get the display working and one for the steering but the steering one hasnt been released for alpine head units yet. i will get the pics wednesday mate

·
Registered
216 Posts
hmm, was thinking off getting a ripspeed DVD head unit sometime in the future but dno like how to go about it with the facia etc or whats needed and as J11EY sed i dnt know how to fit the wires to keep time display and steering wheel controls

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
got my JVC AVX2 headunit installed today.

the time display at the top still works but only shows time, temp and date.
ive lost steering controls at the moment until i can get my hands on the adapter - if it exists.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
PC99-X27 with PC99-JVC i think there the autoleads (armour automotive) codes, for the steering controls onto an avx2

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
and they are definately compatible with the Corsa D?
i dont want to end up spending £40+ on leads which wont work.
today, i discovered the ISO Adapter has changed from the old Corsa C to a BMW one.
WTF?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Its not speciffically a BMW one, its on multiplex system (which bmw use) it means that the unit does not use a direct ignition feed, and works on a canbus system therefore needing to take power from another source in order to keep an ignition supply

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
and so the power is taken from the cig lighter? well, thats what i used...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
so MK-King, you changed your headunit yet? you seem to know your stuff pretty well.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I fit the audio for halfords in milton keynes, im IMI trained, so its all i do 42 hours a week lol, i only had my car 2 weeks, so im in the process of a boot install,,,,,i had a 4000 watt fusion set up in my fiesta i had before though :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
never really got the beauty of huge massive subs. got myself a baby pioneer amplified sub in the boot. tucked neat and tidy.
so what was the price at halfords to get a headunit and sub in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts