Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before. Has anyone done their own testing to see how much of a drop in mpg you get with E10 vs E5, and compared it to the difference in price to see which is actually cheaper? Mine is a 07 plate 1.4.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
I am using Shell v power since the switch to E10 I don't trust the government saying the 1.2 will run fine on E5 and it won't damage parts but they won't guarantee it, I don't think I am getting much more mpg I believe some cars can adjust the way they run to take advantage of the fuel but ours doesn't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using Shell v power since the switch to E10 I don't trust the government saying the 1.2 will run fine on E5 and it won't damage parts but they won't guarantee it, I don't think I am getting much more mpg I believe some cars can adjust the way they run to take advantage of the fuel but ours doesn't.
In terms of the car being able to run on it, they've been using it for years in much of Europe and the States so I'm not really worried about that.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
That's your choice but I ask why was there a cut off point of 2011 when they say all UK cars are safe to run on it?

If it was unlikely to damage your car the would have said all cars can run on it.

Shell V Power has additives that clean the engine fuel system etc so for peace of mind I don't mind paying the extra.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
As sxi says, for peace of mind, every 2nd or 3rd tankfull give it v power and it’ll keep it clean inside and I use it every other tankfull as I do short journeys and can tell by how it drives that v power is far better all ends up.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
I agree Dave it does seem to drive better on the V-power but i wondered if it was in my mind, i will probably use E10 in the Corsa E when i get it later this year (fingers crossed) i may do as you do and add a tank every 2nd/3rd tank full to keep things clean.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
No, you’re right, it does drive better and you get speed built up quicker so I’m getting another 3 mpg on v power, just makes a difference to the car as a whole, takes it from a car you have to take a journey in to a car you want to take a journey in, if that sounds right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts