Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Haven't worked on a Corsa before, my DFP is probably blocked, the diagnostic kit shows this code. A regen has been done before and didn't last long.

I can see the DFP - the heat-shield, lambda sensor look easy to remove. The question is how easy is it to get to the three manifold bolts, what needs to be removed to get to these? A new DFP on ebay is just under £300, so seems a cheap way to save the car.

Regards,

Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops I may have it wrong, looks like it doesn't go straight on the exhaust manifold but sideways with clamp (red arrow).

So, looks like an easy removal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ping! Anyone?

I've also discovered there was a change between the Euro 4 and 5 model, mine being the later.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Have you tried getting a dpf flush done? Should be cheaper than £300?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't, and it's the Euro 5, I've bought a filter for £400.

Thing with the flush is it may work or not but there's the time taking it off, hooking it up etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you only doing short journeys? School runs and shopping for example?
A DPF equipped car needs a decent run to achieve the conditions needed for the regeneration process to take place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone post the part number of the red arrow, mine has fractured with the torque trying to remove the bolt.

I also have a clamp under the car where the DPF clamps onto the next section (not the one which bolts to the bottom of the engine) which isn't moving. Anyone got a diagram of that one? I'm unsure if it's supposed to rotate.

Apart from that all bolts are off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's off. Bit of a nightmare, first look under a Corsa for me and the build quality is awful.

Good technique for getting the DPF off, don't hit it towards the front of the car stretching the stretchy thing on the exhaust, do the opposite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts