Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all been told my ecu has water damage and need to be replaced, if I purchase a used one is it just plug and play?, if not what is it that I need to do, its for a Corsa D Cdti, any advice would be much appreciated, also wondering how it got water damage in the first place and what can be done to stop that happening again if It can replace it, thanx everyone for your pending feedback 馃憤

Registered
Its very difficult to repair these ecu's. Unfortionately you can't just plug and play a used ecu as it'll be already programmed to another car. A new ECU is 拢1381.20 plus programming.

Registered
Hey Bluepeter... I have been in this boat, and the amount of help you can get is minimal...

I am still in the process of finalising my predicament, but here is the short answer...

Find a replacement ECU Kit on Ebay... for a Corsa C they start about 拢40, for a D they average about 拢70. But if you get just the ECU you can find a couple of firms who will come along with Opcom or Tech 2 and re-programme it to your PIN and correct the milage.

I have a 'D' and I the mechanic mashed up my ECU so I have been through all kinds of greif repairing mine. I just need the gears 'reprogramming' and I am up and running.

All is not lost, you just have to find a good honest mechanic who is willing (I couldn't... I did it myself)

If I can be of any more assistance, let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts