Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the cold icy weather has brought out something in my little 59 plate Corsa.

I was driving (around 3 minutes after I turned my car on) and my passenger window just.. opened. I tried to stop by pressing the buttons but nothing was working. So I thought huh, I tried my driver's side.. that went down but not back up. So I was driving in the **** cold, with windows down looking like a ****. In the end, I got my windows up weirdly by turning my car on and holding my key at the ignition point (if I released, it stopped controlling the window).#

So all in all, my driver's side window goes down only. Will not come up. One of them without fail go down whenever I turn my car on and to bring them back up I have to keep turning my engine on and off.

My fuse is fine, as predicted, as the motor seems to be working. For now, I've taken the fuses out so I don't have to deal with the cold when I want to drive.

Does anyone have any idea? Because I'm incredibly confused.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think the cold icy weather has brought out something in my little 59 plate Corsa.

I was driving (around 3 minutes after I turned my car on) and my passenger window just.. opened. I tried to stop by pressing the buttons but nothing was working. So I thought huh, I tried my driver's side.. that went down but not back up. So I was driving in the ** cold, with windows down looking like a **. In the end, I got my windows up weirdly by turning my car on and holding my key at the ignition point (if I released, it stopped controlling the window).#

So all in all, my driver's side window goes down only. Will not come up. One of them without fail go down whenever I turn my car on and to bring them back up I have to keep turning my engine on and off.

My fuse is fine, as predicted, as the motor seems to be working. For now, I've taken the fuses out so I don't have to deal with the cold when I want to drive.

Does anyone have any idea? Because I'm incredibly confused.
Replace the driver's side window switch or take it apart and clean the contacts would be my shout.

Had the same issue on my cousin's Punto (cant write what I call them)

Hope that's helps.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace the driver's side window switch or take it apart and clean the contacts would be my shout.

Hope that's helps.

I’ll give that a go, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hope that's helps.

Solid suggestion. Did this the day after, it seemed a bit wet. Dried it, cleaned it and after that the drivers side worked so I took it out and air dryed it for a while and now thheyre both working! Cheers man.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Solid suggestion. Did this the day after, it seemed a bit wet. Dried it, cleaned it and after that the drivers side worked so I took it out and air dryed it for a while and now thheyre both working! Cheers man.
Glad you got it sorted, how did you get the switch out, did you have to just prise it up?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you got it sorted, how did you get the switch out, did you have to just prise it up?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Yeah mate, just some flat heads and they simply clip out. Not glued or anything. Then there’s just one overall connector at the bottom which simply clicks off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah mate, just some flat heads and they simply clip out. Not glued or anything. Then there’s just one overall connector at the bottom which simply clicks off.
Glad you got it sorted.

I would prise the shiny plastic thing off where the handle is that you pull to shut the door then push the switch from under neath there that way no prise marks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you got it sorted.

I would prise the shiny plastic thing off where the handle is that you pull to shut the door then push the switch from under neath there that way no prise marks.

Ah I didn’t think of that. All i could think was what the... why have my windows gained conscience lmao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts