Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got abit of a strange one for you

while driving my engine may cut out!

it first happend last week ago goin down the A5 getting upto 60 and it just went
the same happend today but when i was slowing down, clutch was pressed, starts straight back up usually when im still moving
no abnormal sounds oil is new plenty of fuel coolant levels are fine serviced and had its first mot last month with no advisories
it idles fine all happens randomly.
anyone got any i
10 plate sxi a12 xer
thanks for any help you can give :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a problem like this with mine too its completely intermittent i've no idea what it was thought of everything from electrical to dirty fuel from always having fuel light on, it would idle really lumpy too , then when the revs fell instead of falling down to about 800-1000 in neutral it would just drop and cut out, happened parked too started shuddering then about to cut out n revved itself to about 1500rpm to stop it from cutting out, done this a few times then cleared :/ n

no idea but sounds similar!

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
EGR Valve stuck open, symptoms are that it'll idle rough, often stall and generally poorly perform. However often a stuck open EGR valve will still allow the engine to rev out above 1500-2000RPM.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
We have this sort issue at work (Ok not quite cars but still) 95% of the time it's caused by fuel starvation from a blocked fuel filter.
The other 5% is a variety of things, either cam speed and/or position sensors (we don't have crank sensors), dodgey injectors, knackered fuel pumps, and as mentioned, the EGR valve sticking open or malfunctioning.

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
We have this sort issue at work (Ok not quite cars but still) 95% of the time it's caused by fuel starvation from a blocked fuel filter.
The other 5% is a variety of things, either cam speed and/or position sensors (we don't have crank sensors), dodgey injectors, knackered fuel pumps, and as mentioned, the EGR valve sticking open or malfunctioning.
It is very unlikely that it'll be a blocked filter because the Petrol's have a lifetime filter on them. Especially on a new car like that it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well speaking to one of the mechanics at work they said it could be a list of thing from a tiny lead to the crank but the only way to know for sure is to see if tech 2 can pick anything up

did find out today air con makes it worse

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It is very unlikely that it'll be a blocked filter because the Petrol's have a lifetime filter on them. Especially on a new car like that it won't be an issue.
I see your point but could still get clogged if constantly left on the bottom of the tank. After all a a lifetime warranty doesn't last the potential life of the car if looked after well enough

·
Registered
2 Posts
The problem of the engine cutting out on corsa d is the actual plug fitting on coil pack / u can get a replacement plug online and cut the old plug and solder the new plug to the wiring loom / problem solved

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been reading these forums a while and cannot remember ever seeing that suggested as a fix, I am not saying it isn't but I would hate to think members may just follow your instructiom blindly and end up doing more damage to their cars, have you any evidence this is common problem and fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well it doesnt take long to get the plug electrically tested as i have repaired one before after checking everything which cost a lot of money and then i found it was the plug connector which was faulty all along - so i can only help and to say my corsa d has never stalled again whilst driving

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think it could be a valid concern was thnthe coil pack connector, but yes don't just chop of the end just to guess, always diagnose. Best and eas way will be to start car and give the wire to the coil pack a wiggle and wirggle, if it cuts out mostly likely.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts