Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys I'm doing a full engine service etc and a service. I cane across this engine flush stuff LIQUIMOLY I'll link a picture below. Does it actually do anything? Is it harmful for the engine alone?
Liquid Fluid Font Gas Alcoholic beverage

·
Registered
991 Posts
Evening guys I'm doing a full engine service etc and a service. I cane across this engine flush stuff LIQUIMOLY I'll link a picture below. Does it actually do anything? Is it harmful for the engine alone? View attachment 20940
Liquimoly you sna very good brand , can't speak for this product specifically but believe their are YouTube videos. I am in the camp of not being a fan of engine flushes, they can work too well and clean things up too well causing more wear , as the old deposits in away are keeping things together. If you want to flush the engine, I personally go the route of doing and engine oil change, and then do another one in a couple weeks, alot safer and does the job

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would only flush an engine was with flush fluid if say the head gasket had gone, or the engine hadn't had a service in many.many years and sludge built.up

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
As above, do 2 services about 500 - 750 miles apart with a rebuild engine or new major components. Back in grandads days services were much more frequent, mainly because the engine development wasn’t there as emissions etc I mean, and suspension parts and driveshafts had to be greased. Most cars now do more miles per year too and get less servicing, I mean a 20,000 mile service is not uncommon and as I only do 4,500 a year in mine, it gets big service annually, which may be a tad over the top, but I know I’m minimizing the chances of anything going drastically wrong, plus short journeys kill engines so every month or so it gets a good run out and I have good quality service items on every time. Family car is a astra j cdti and that does 16,000 a year and gets the same level of care, you wouldn’t put cheap tyres fuel etc on a Lamborghini so treat your car as if it is a Lamborghini, you’d never forgive yourself if a life was lost for the sake of a £50 tyre over a £90 one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts