Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine management light will flash then my malfunction light then comes on, this had only happened 3 times this week for the first time, but it only comes on in the morning but every time it's happened I've got in the car too work and its cold mornings get it leave it running for 30 seconds to get a quick heat in it then start driving then it comes on and goes Into limp mode so I pull over switch it off and back off then the light doesn't come on ? Anyone got any idea ? Is it just cause its cold ? Going to order a laptop diagnotic tool on Monday to get a idea of how the cars running with tests and trace for faults but anyone got a slight idea to what it could be ?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Save yourself time & money and get someone with a Tech2 to diagnose the fault properly...

J

·
0 Posts
Save yourself time & money and get someone with a Tech2 to diagnose the fault properly...
This
Most likely a faulty sensor if it keeps coming and going. Mine was anyway. But until u hace it properly diagnosed you wont know

·
Registered
2 Posts
im having same problem,seems to lose power then go into limp mode,switch engine off and restart and everything fine again..no error codes using a obd2 reader,i was thinking it was a faulty sensor,did you find out what the problem was?
going to check plugs and coil pack first

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ECU will only usually keep a history of DTC's for 10-15 ignition cycles, once its been exceeded it will wipe the history. These codes will either be present or not present. Common faults are DIS pack for 1.2 engines. Reccomend you replace the set of sparkplugs at the same time. Tech 2 systems is the best tool or pop into Vauxhall because they can follow vehicle specific checking procedures and have access to known concerns and field remedies or technical service bulletins.

Sent from my A13-MID using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks jack,update; i changed plugs ,this seemed to do the trick,original bosch ones looked a bit worn,also coil pack had ripped rubber covers and bit of rust at end coil,so replaced that as well,car is running fine now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts