Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I use 5W30 on my 1.4 SXi? needs a top-up for the first time since getting her but just making sure I'm putting the right stuff in :haha: thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
shouldnt need topping up, or are you doing its first service?

All engines lose oil. Either through breather pipes or piston rings. Vauxhalls engines are designed to burn a little bit of oil to lubricate the cylinders.. Also vauxhalls have a figure of how much oil it should be using but can't find it :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ahh thats strange, mine didnt use any oil in the first year before its service, or what it did loose was negligible

·
Registered
78 Posts
All engines lose oil. Either through breather pipes or piston rings. Vauxhalls engines are designed to burn a little bit of oil to lubricate the cylinders.. Also vauxhalls have a figure of how much oil it should be using but can't find it :)
Vauxhall's figure is ridiculous, somat like 0.6 litres per 1000 km (just over 600 miles). That would worry me somewhat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shouldnt need topping up, or are you doing its first service?
When I bought the car one of the piston rings decided to break meaning the engine got stripped and redone. Was told the oil will need changing after 500 miles, will go out and check when it stops raining haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts