Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.2 petrol Corsa.

I waited for the wife in a supermarket car park earlier and left the engine running as i have been making a few short journeys lately she was away for at least 15 minutes and i never heard the fan kick in once, the fan on the 1.3 diesel i used to own would kick in regularly so i was a little concerned, for my peace of mind could someone tell me if the light arrowed is a temperature too high warning as i seem to have misplaced the book i got with the car.

This light has never illuminated so i assume the fan is working but its a lot quieter than the one on the diesel.

·
Registered
624 Posts
hi is it possible to go into hidden menu and get the engine temp reading ?it might indicate overheating without fan running

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the coolant lavel normal ?
Yes coolant level is fine and i agree no temp gauge is not good, for the price of a gauge it would add hardly anything to the price of the car, now i know there is a warning light i can relax at least i will get some indication before it boils over.

I will wait until the weather gets warmer and get it up to temperature and see if it kicks in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
1.2 petrol Corsa.

I waited for the wife in a supermarket car park earlier and left the engine running as i have been making a few short journeys lately she was away for at least 15 minutes and i never heard the fan kick in once, the fan on the 1.3 diesel i used to own would kick in regularly so i was a little concerned, for my peace of mind could someone tell me if the light arrowed is a temperature too high warning as i seem to have misplaced the book i got with the car.

This light has never illuminated so i assume the fan is working but its a lot quieter than the one on the diesel.

Yes that symbol is to indicate the car is overheating.

2) To get the temp guage up on the dash follow these steps: Press the button on the road the rest gjt drivers stalk ( press it 4 times and ON the 4 time hold it down until the screen changes - approx 15 secs. Then press the button another 5 to times to get temperature. (YouTube Corsa D hidden temperature guage - but it is 4 & then 5 presses do it every day).

3) If you still have coolant , then your overheating is coming from another component, most likely stuck thermostat, but could be water pump or faulty sensors.

4) Just read your post better.lol. For the light to illuminate it can.takenthe car to get really hot, usually damage is done once that light arrives. So simply run your car with temp guage up and see if fan kicks in, should be about 105c - 109c

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4) Just read your post better.lol. For the light to illuminate it can.takenthe car to get really hot, usually damage is done once that light arrives. So simply run your car with temp guage up and see if fan kicks in, should be about 105c - 109c
Thanks i will try the secret menu.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have found the video which also has a list of what is shown in the description -

Opel Corsa D Hidden Menu
1. HW production version and date.
2. SW production version and date.
3. ??? (00 / 000072)
4. Vehicle speed and engine RPMs.
5. Battery voltage and ??? (24).
6. Dashboard backlight and coolant temperature.
7. ??? (100 / L2 129)
8. ??? (100 / S2 337)
9. ??? (100 / P2 353)
10. ??? (100 / t2 463)
11. Fuel level in liters and ??? (255277).
12. Fuel flow and fuel economy.
13. Days and distance from resetting inspection.
14. Exit

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have found the video which also has a list of what is shown in the description -

Opel Corsa D Hidden Menu
3. ??? (00 / 000072)
7. ??? (100 / L2 129)
8. ??? (100 / S2 337)
9. ??? (100 / P2 353)
10. ??? (100 / t2 463)
14. Exit

Yeah that video is wrong, the temp guage is on click number 5. I believe I commented on this video a few years back. I know atleast for the Corsa D facelift the temp.sensor is number 5

·
Registered
739 Posts

Opel Corsa D Hidden Menu
3. ??? (00 / 000072)
7. ??? (100 / L2 129)
8. ??? (100 / S2 337)
9. ??? (100 / P2 353)
10. ??? (100 / t2 463)
14. Exit

The video at 1min 15 secs is the engine temp guage. The model is a prefacelift based.of the instrument cluster and the.way changes the screen via the button, Corsa D 2013 upwards atleast doesn't have that .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many cars do away with the temperature gauge nowadays, gone the same way as the voltmeter and oil pressure gauge. My second car, a Mk1 Astra 1.3GL had a full set of gauges on the dash - tacho, speedo, fuel, coolant temp, battery voltage and oil pressure. Now all you get is tacho, speedo and fuel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't know about diesels, but on a petrol fan kicks in at 113c. The running temp of these cars is around 100 rather than the VAG's more known 90.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
Mark 1 astra 1.3 gl, my gods, what that’d be worth nowadays, there’s only one thing more cool than a 6 pack dash, that’s a mark 2 astra gte digi dash! Do I remember the monza having one? Anyone? Dad? Grandad? 😝

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update.

I got into the menu in the video above and the good news for those that haven't tried it is you can leave whatever screen on you want all the time you are driving until you switch the ignition off then it reverts to trip computer and total miles.

My finding from earlier today -

I ran the car on a duel carriageway until it got to 90c where it wouldn't go any higher it hovered between 89c and 90c for a few miles so i decided to pull into a layby and kept the engine running it eventually got to 93c but would go no higher so i guess i will have to wait until summer to see if the fan kicks in at a much higher temperature.

I found the voltage readout to be a little inaccurate it was giving 14.1 running and 12.1 with engine off, my multi meter readings from the end of February were 14.48 running and 12.46 engine off but still a quick way of checking the alternator is doing its thing.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Update.

I got into the menu in the video above and the good news for those that haven't tried it is you can leave whatever screen on you want all the time you are driving until you switch the ignition off then it reverts to trip computer and total miles.

My finding from earlier today -

I ran the car on a duel carriageway until it got to 90c where it wouldn't go any higher it hovered between 89c and 90c for a few miles so i decided to pull into a layby and kept the engine running it eventually got to 93c but would go no higher so i guess i will have to wait until summer to see if the fan kicks in at a much higher temperature.

I found the voltage readout to be a little inaccurate it was giving 14.1 running and 12.1 with engine off, my multi meter readings from the end of February were 14.48 running and 12.46 engine off but still a quick way of checking the alternator is doing its thing.
Do you have air conditioning on your car?

·
Registered
739 Posts
No, would that make a difference.
I've found that cars with air con have 2 fan speeds. 1 that kicks in at 95c and second at 109c
Again is face lift model. I'll check my m8s 2011 car and see what that does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts