Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first post and a problem already. Ive only had the car a week 1.4 petrol se auto. cars been fine all week went to start today and the managment light stays on then once you start it up the cooling fan kicks straight in. any help woud be apreciated as start work at 3am. thanks mark

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
umm is there enough engine coolant in there im sure someone with more knowledge than me will b able to help
Check there is plenty of coolant in it, however if there is then there is probably a water temp sensor fault. What happens is to prevent damage the fan runs all the time as a protection.

Get it plugged in and see which sensor it is!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
If its under warranty, take it back to Vx

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this recently on my 1.4 sri - the same engine as yours, mine was a water temperature sensor in the radiator, was told it's fine to drive on while the part was ordered.

·
Registered
270 Posts
im a vauxhall mechanic mate, guaranteed it'll be your radiator coolant temp sensor, itll be faulty, take it to your local vx garage and they'll fix it under warranty, no matter what age of corsa d, its a common fault with them, that's whats making your fan come on because it reads a redic temp like 987.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im a vauxhall mechanic mate, guaranteed it'll be your radiator coolant temp sensor, itll be faulty, take it to your local vx garage and they'll fix it under warranty, no matter what age of corsa d, its a common fault with them, that's whats making your fan come on because it reads a redic temp like 987.
Mine is a 2020 elite nav turbo I’ve got in the car a 3 times now put key in ignition gone to start it and warning comes up engine fault repair needed car doesn’t start but the fan comes on and runs full speed for 10 minutes after the fan stops the car will start and run fine will the temperature sensor be causing this? TIA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts