Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of searching, finally put down a deposit on a new toy. The D will be staying for the mpg and cheap running costs!

Mitsubishi Evolution IX FQ-360

Picking it up next Saturday and cannae wait!

Couple of little bits of tidying up to do first, mainly peeling lacquer on the carbon fibre which is quite common on the Evos unfortunately.

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
Docker will love this he's looking for one aswell hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not kidding! :lol1:
Gorgeous car pal! Will hopefully have one of my own at the end of the year. They look SO nice in red!
How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Drooling. Super exciting news. Nice one. Always wanted one. Will be a machine. You sticking a black box on it. Lol.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nicely done mate good to see a bit of jap on the site looking forward to some more pics and hopefully a thread, bet it's a completely different beast to the astra ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So the day finally came

And safe to say it's completely different to my old Astra VXR. Much faster and all round better driving experience. It's not as cosy and modern as the Astra which I kind of miss, with automatic lights, heated leather seats etc. But that's not what these are about

Haven't really done anything since getting it, except peel the carbon fibre wrap of the spoiler, which has left me a bit disappointed! The lacquer has peeled, and then been sprayed matte black for the wrap to adhere to. That has also peeled in places, same story on the front splitter. All in all it's a bit of a mess as you can see:

Before

During

After :doubleeek:

So that will be off to the body shop when I get chance. New front splitter has been ordered, as it was going to be too expensive for the body shop to put right, with no guarantee it would look perfect at the end. Also peeled the wrap of the Mitsubishi logo, and will be replacing it with a genuine carbon fibre badge eventually. Same with the "FQ-360"

Wheels and mud guards came off for a good clean, polish and wax:

Replaced the ugly tax disc holder

And interior LED bulb conversion

That's it for now. Got some more little bits on the way, and really need to find a replacement headunit, the one in it is very dated and doesn't have iPod connectivity.

And the daily and the toy

1 - 20 of 79 Posts