Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
when you bringing her down to wonderful stockport?
Will be home in a couple of weeks, spoiler is going into the body shop and I've got a new splitter now so want to utilise the garage at my mum and dads and get that fitted.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Gave it a general clean today, to weigh up what needs doing here and there. Mitsubishi paint is notoriously soft, so a good de-swirl is needed, quite a bit of tar contamination, engine bay was cleaned but still needs more cleaning to get it anywhere near my standards. This will require bits to be removed for access, but I haven't got any tools handy so that will have to wait for now. Also started ordering bits of bling, but nothing major as I'm not really sure what I want to do under the bonnet.

New splitter has turned up at my mum and dads, so hopefully that will be fitted in the next week weeks, and the spoiler will be going into the body shop.

Few pictures, I'm awful at getting before and after shots. But at least it's something to look at:

Tar under the bonnet:

Copper grease everywhere:

And a finished (for now) shot:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not done much with it since getting it. Had a majorly busy couple of months, but made some bits of progress.

Spoiler's off and at the body shop to have the blade re-lacquered.

Then took the front bumper off to fit the brand new carbon fibre front splitter.

But the screw heads had rusted and just got chewed up when I tried to undo them...... So out came the drill and had to drill all but about 3 of them off.

Off

And old vs new.

Gave the cooler hoses a clean while the bumper was off:

After getting some new fasteners, put the front splitter on and fitted the bumper... Only pic I took.

While I was just tinkering, I gave the radiator mount brackets a lick of paint to tidy them up, will probably replace them with aftermarket ones at some point

The front disc hubs were covered in rust, and looked awful with the wheels fitted. So took the wheels off and gave them a lick of silver hammerite to tidy them up

Then I went full retard and kerbed the otherwise spotless Turini :cry:

So it sat like this for a couple of days while it was refurbished

And refitted back to it's almost former glory (spoiler is still with the body shop)

Last little bit of tidying up was the underbonnet heat shield was ripped and tatty looking:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Will do Matt

When I originally painted the hubs on the calipers, I didn't do the face which meets the wheel and it ended up looking like this once I'd finished. So I finished that off properly!

Next I wanted to change any rusting, visible fasteners, mainly on the slam panel etc. All replaced for stainless bolts and washers or a black plastic ones..... No more rusty bolts.

Battery:

Before and afters

And of course some cleaning while I was at it:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Fitted the side skirts, and swapped the fasteners for stainless steel.

Slam panel cover and bonnet dampers

Then sent a deposit for this....... Which I'll get when I get paid! :D

Still waiting for the spoiler back, been to the body shop today to try and get him to get a move on now. He's had it for a lot longer than I wanted tbh. Also waiting for some more carbon bits to arrive!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts