Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi I have a corsa d and on dash is a f sometimes starts sometimes doesn’t any ideas we have changed ecu but still does it ???
does the car start first time everytime ? if it does and car runs normally maybe the f on dash has not been cleared after ecu replaced.
what you can try is to remove the negative terminal of battery and reconnect after sometime to see whether it clears the fault .
its like rebooting a computer.cars are so electronically controlled these days these things occur without causing major issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car only starts every now and then but sometimes there is and F on where the mileage counter is ? We have changed ecu but still doing the same as before it was fitted ? When the car starts it starts 1st time

·
Registered
537 Posts
I found the F warning see below.

I found this from someone having the same problem -
spoke to Vauxhall and the first question they asked was has the battery been flat. to which the answer is yes. they said ahhh bcm will need reprogrammed and for 80 quid plus vat they will have a look and see.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i have never experienced this problem in my daughter's corsa but if you check the cause of F on dash it seems to be 90% time
a crankshaft sensor problem in most cases.why dont you do the simple thing first of rebooting the dash computer by removing the negative bettery terminal and reconnecting battery again

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is this the 1.3 diesel?

If it is it is may be the ECU my diesel ecu drowned in a water bath due to the drain holes under the scuttle panel blocked leaving the ecu sitting in water its a very common problem as described below in another thread abut the dreaded F light.

Hi, thanks again for the replies.

No, have not jumped it at all. AA just been out - pretty much instantly knew the problem - the ECU has become soaked in water and is dead - his equipment could not communicate with it either.

Suggestions seem to be new ECU or send ECU for recondition. All expensive.

Thanks again for suggestions - going to try and get it in to a local garage and probably take the expensive medicine!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vauxhall dealers should be the last place to go for advice generally unless you have exhausted all other options!!They are quick to relieve you of cash in my own honest opinion
I wasn't suggesting he takes it to VX i was using the post to show its probably the ECU that has drowned and he needs to find out if thats the case, i have read many posts in forums where people guess what problems could be leading to the person with the stranded car spending money they don't need to on parts they don't need out of sheer desperation as thy need to get the car going, better to get the car checked first by someone who knows what they are doing rather than Fred in the shed throwing parts at it hoping they can stumble on the problem.

·
Registered
645 Posts
True you have to be careful when advising of replacing parts straightaway but point in the correct direction on this forum .
members who have years of competent diy skills can do that sometimes without committing the person to do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the F warning see below.

I found this from someone having the same problem -
spoke to Vauxhall and the first question they asked was has the battery been flat. to which the answer is yes. they said ahhh bcm will need reprogrammed and for 80 quid plus vat they will have a look and see.

View attachment 20384
I see an 'F' display on the led readout where the Radio info is... not sure what that is....but definitely an 'F' appears....not where the one on the above photo is....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts