Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
I’d be thinking along the lines of the clutch position switch but it could be a older battery, unfortunately corsas are prone to little niggles if the battery isn’t 100% healthy, in any case you might need to think about having a diagnostic test run on it, a snap on, opcom or tech 2 reader, just to see if there’s any problems.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
Fairly sure it won’t be the stalk itself as the other functions would be compromised, check the battery too, you want to do 4 tests, test battery as is, you want somewhere between 12.5 & 13.5 volts, 2 nd test, lights on and dash looking like a Christmas tree 2 nd position and 11.5 v minimum, 3rd test, lights off and start it, while running should be 12-14 v ish, 4 test lights, heater/ air con, rear window on de mist and radio on, 11.5-13.5 v. Anything drastically different it’ll be new battery time but by all means, get Halfords or the like to do a battery check beforehand. If you want to try clutch switch first use either Vauxhall bits or motor factors, just don’t trust Chinese internet parts as heard too many folks say I wish I’d got vaux bits to start with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts