Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, I replaced the coil pack over a year ago and my engine was running fine , I took the coil pack out thinking it was the same as last time and the hole where no.2 spark plug goes was full of water, i dried it and put it all back together and now it is not firing at all ,, anyone had this problem, I have put opcom on it and I am getting no fault codes at all, TIA

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have checked all fuses and you can hear the fuel pump going when turning over

·
Registered
624 Posts
is it the same car with the battery drain ?I would replace the coil pack and spark plugs which is not difficult to do.
vaguely i can remember someone had a similar problem where water was ingressing from the plenum tray but i am not certain.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it the same car with the battery drain ?I would replace the coil pack and spark plugs which is not difficult to do.
vaguely i can remember someone had a similar problem where water was ingressing from the plenum tray but i am not certain.
Yeah mate one problem after another, I have new plugs and coil pack arriving tomorrow

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See video
I can't remember why but I did have the scuttle panel off for something, I can guarantee I haven't put that clip back on 🤣 do you know what the clips called by any chance TIA

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
I power washed the engine in my car off with engine running last year which gave a misfire and even though I dried it out there was still water on 2nd plug, it popped and farted and threw it into limp mode so just changed plugs and coil pack just to save dicking about under there again, lesson learned that day!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New coil fitted and it's running again but when I put m/m on it when it's running it's only showing 14.10 is this a problem or will this just be because its not been started for days TIA

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New coil fitted and it's running again but when I put m/m on it when it's running it's only showing 14.10 is this a problem or will this just be because its not been started for days TIA
It was sowing 14.40 about a week ago when it was running

1 - 20 of 26 Posts