Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Wondering if anyone here can help me. I have a 56 plate 1.2 sxi Corsa D.
I have had this car for just under 2 years, but it has not been driven in that time, as this is my first car and it had work which needed to be completed on the car to get the car on the road.
Once all the work was completed, we took the car for it's MOT and it failed with 1 thing, everything else was absolutely fine and roadworthy.
The engine management light was on, however no fault code is shown, the car has been taken to 3 different garages with proper eqipment to try and get the code read, but no codes were seen by either garage or the OBD reader we have.
In addition to this the engine management light, will completely turn off and not light up at ignition sometimes. The light is either permenantly on, or permenantly off, which leads us to believe this may be an electrical problem somewhere rather than an actual engine issue.

Problem is we have no idea where to start looking at this and when we have contacted garages asking them to quote the cost of diagnosing the issue its been wayyyy too expensive. (£89 pound for 30 minutes at one place).

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
This may sound silly, but try changing the bulb in it, you might find a furry connection or a burned out one on the dash clocks that may be a problem as it sounds like an intermittent problem, rather than a engine related issue. Just a thought

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Don't think bulb can be changed as it looks like the dash is on a circuit board with little LED's for the lights....

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Fair enough, I’ll stand corrected on that, was sure I’d seen somewhere they were bulbs as some folks remove them if they’re and light is on, just assumed the eml was the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are LEDs soldered onto the circuit, they can be de-soldered and replaced (such as SMD) but I doubt that a faulty LED would be the cause.

How about testing the EML using OpCom with it's IPC testing section. You can manually force the EML light to turn on and off so that would give you an idea if the car actually has the ability to control the light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts