Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It’s fair to say that there are many Vauxhall Corsas out there which are ropey, laughable or just horrendous full stop. Fortunately, here at Scene Status we have no requirements for these inferior creations so here we present to you something which we do, Reece’s Corsa D.

A rare (1 of 200 made) full black VXR leather interior mixed with the icy white exterior and colour matched wheels offer a classic colour combination. Yet colours are only 50% of aesthetics, the other 50% comes down to design. Fortunately the VXR Recaro seats are some of the best looking on the market, the genuine VXR kit also works very well indeed on the car’s exterior and finally, the Schmidt Space Line Revolution wheels are a trendy and satisfying wheel choice which suit the car to a tee. The staggered fitment of the 17” Schmidts were selected to be 7.5” wide at the front and 8.5” at the rear, they fill the arches perfectly and are wrapped with Avon ZZ3 tyres . A nice set of Weitec Hicon GT coilovers help keep the Corsa stable and are also responsible for the precise posture.

The interior is a great place to reside and boasts a quality audio system courtesy of Alpine and Audison. The brains of the system are where Alpine come in; the CDA-117Ri head unit is matched to a very clever PXA-H100 processor. This little beauty offers a function called IMPRINT, which analyses the acoustic characteristics of the vehicles interior. Without getting too technical this uses a technology called MultEQ which adjusts frequencies, time correction and band widths to suit the Corsa’s interior, this allows for an accurate listening experience which gives crisp clarity and precise tones.
The sound signals are sent to Audison amplifiers which in turn power the Audison speakers and subwoofer. All in all this is a capable sound system which can be loud if required, but primarily shouts out sound quality. Reece has had personal input here as he crafted the bespoke boot build himself, then got Don Barr to re-trim the build in complementing Recaro black leather with white stitching.
This Corsa D is a very complete car; great aesthetics all round, a refined interior with comfort and a top notch audio build. This car is far from laughable, but I feel Reece will always have a smile on his face.

I hope you enjoyed the photos that was taken and the description of my car. I have purchased some different alloys and have installed more qaulity audio into my car.
I will update you on the changes when they have been done thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Not a fan of the full leathers, but the car looks really nice. Good work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts