Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've got a hire corsa D and I need to return it with half a tank, but I'm not sure how to get it to that without going over the top. Can I fill it up with the ignition on to watch the guage or will it not register me filling up? Or is that dangerous?

Cheers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
£20

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine is around £40-£42 to fill up but thats on v-power

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the garage wil kick your asssss if you leve you car on and yes its very dangerous

what car is it ill be able to help.
Will the garage be able to tell? I mean they might see me squinting at the fuel guage but I don't suppose they'll think anything of it? Maybe they''ll kick me out before I can pay ;)

It's a corsa D club 56 plate... but it's on 1/8 on the guage... but it doesn't run down evenly. My own car which is a Corsa C runs down to the red line for empty, it's supposed to be 44l but I only ever get 39l or so in even when it's flashing! Otherwise I'd just go for 45/8*3 which would be about 17l or so.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Will the garage be able to tell? I mean they might see me squinting at the fuel guage but I don't suppose they'll think anything of it? .
Oh but they will when your running around trying to put out the flames with a sand bucket :nono:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
im not too sure about that, although i wouldnt recommend it, as dousnt that pressurise the system when the key is turned? and btw i find my car is £40 to fill thats £10 a quarter :) and thats the 1.2 56 plate club

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah.. just it isn't empty, and I'm not sure half on the guage is half in reality :) I'll just shove like 15 quid in and then turn it on, then maybe add more if it's not half.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol no they won't complain if I return it with too much, the problem is I'm well stingy so I don't want to give it back with more than I have to :)

Maybe I should just learn to spend a couple of extra quid!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts