Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squeaking noise coming from the engine bay, I went to Vauxhall garage and got an original rocker cover for my engine, still hasn’t seemed to fix my problem, insane vacuum build up in the engine. I have looked at other posts possibly pcv is the culprit bought from Vauxhall today will replace, I replaced my coolant temperature sensor which has definitely improved how the car runs. I’m looking for a possible fix my mechanic did say it’s definitely not the water pump. I have a Corsa D facelift 2012 model

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update I can’t get the pcv valve off it seems like it’s stuck (the rubber pipe thing seems like it’s glued on or something tried to pry out but no luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another update just changed the pcv valve my revs are a lot more calmer seems like the engine is making less squeak but I’m maybe starting to think it is the waterpump

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I tried to post a video but it seems like it’s under moderation i uploaded it to YouTube this time here

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll be trying to fix the thing one last time this month contemplating if I should spend my money on a water pump or what

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have noticed the sound is coming more from the right side of the engine bay as I’m driving

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does it only make the noise when accelerating if you keep the revs constant does it stop?

The clicking noise doesn't seem to get faster as the revs increase which is a bit odd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it only squeaks really bad when accelerating and tiny whistles or squeaks when pressing down fully or halfway, it stops when you stop accelerating yes and then from Time to time squeaks shut
Off

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am not a mechanic so cannot really advise but the more info you can add to the thread the more help it will give others who are more mechanically minded and with luck you will get an answer.

There are a number of Corsa D Facebook pages it might be worth joining and see if anyone can help.

You said in an earlier post you have a mechanic i am surprised he hasn't been able to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the mechanic himself just said that there’s air blockage aswell and can maybe be unfixable

·
Registered
933 Posts
Does it make this noise if you are sitting stationary but rev the Engine ? If so any chance of another video of getting a family member.to rev car whilst you record it from inside the engine

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does it make this noise if you are sitting stationary but rev the Engine ? If so any chance of another video of getting a family member.to rev car whilst you record it from inside the engine

Hello mate, no squeaking when you rev the engine nor when the engine hasn’t warmed up only squeaks when pressing the gas pedal

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello mate, no squeaking when you rev the engine nor when the engine hasn’t warmed up only squeaks when pressing the gas pedal
only seems to squeak when I’m pressing down on the gas pedal, but when I leave it mid way through it just chirps a little sounds like air is trying to escape but I honestly couldn’t tell, engine doesn’t squeak on idle or when stationary and revving it, it doesn’t squeak in first gear only as you climb from 2-3-4-5

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ok so to clarify we understand each other it only makes the noise if you are actually moving and pressing the accelerator pedal On a warm engine. It does NOT do it if you are sitting stationary and pressing accelerator pedal on a warm engine?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok so to clarify we understand each other it only makes the noise if you are actually moving and pressing the accelerator pedal On a warm engine. It does NOT do it if you are sitting stationary and pressing accelerator pedal on a warm engine?

Yes it does NOT make a noise if it’s stationary and pressing accelerator on a warm engine, It DOES make a sound when revving up to 2000 and higher though, if I’m driving and release the gas pedal it will not squeak, if I press it down lightly it will still not squeak it will only squeak when I’m giving it full power or driving up a steep hill where it’s struggling

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m uploading another video to show this steep hill, I was touching down on the pedal lightly hence it wasn’t sounding like it’s popping and squeaking just a squeaking noise in this video

1 - 20 of 70 Posts