Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
As I’m reading this I’m simply bafffled why when something happens going over a bump it’s an engine fault, one of the first points I’d be looking is a rubber bush somewhere is dried or failed somewhere, suspension, engine mount or exhaust, something relatively cheap and simple, the garage you have the car at needs reporting to trading standards as obviously they can’t change their knickers let alone anything on a car, do not give them any more money, as has been rightly said, the timing chain is at the complete opposite end of the engine to the gearbox, and if they have broken or damaged it they are liable for any repair costs. Get your car back as soon as possible and get under it with something long like a broom handle and wedge it under everything that moves, see if you can hear the squeak as I bet it’ll be a £5 rubber somewhere, even if it’s a engine or gearbox mount gone you’ll see bright metal where it’s been rubbing against metal, just spend a hour or so going round and under with a torch and screwdriver and see what you can see, and if it doesn’t look right google what it should look like and when you find it take it to get fixed if you can’t do it yourself and for fax sake DO NOT USE THE GARAGE ITS AT AGAIN EVEN TO CHANGE DAY TO NIGHT THEY ARE 🐵

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I FIXED IT!!!!!! ITS NOT THE CLUTCH NOT THE TIMING CHAIN BUT THE COIL PACK inside of the coilpack tubes there is little springs in there, two of the springs were stuck on the rubber bit and I just had to move it out the way, now the car is running and sounding like a charm I have also applied some grease dielectric on the insides of the tube make sure not to put the grease on the metal bits

my car makes no noise on acceleration now

how much money did I lose?

£640 in total inc rocker cover timing chain + clutch
How much money did the fix cost?
nothing, just readjusted the rubber tubes

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
So not even a £5 rubber bush! That beats hen racing! I mean, you’re understandably narked about being £640 out of pocket but the sense of achievement fixing it yourself almost makes up for it. Plus it’s a big uck you to the garage that has had your trousers down! Nice one fella.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So you paid £640 to the garage and took it away still making the same noise then instead of taking it back amd getting your money back you decided to investigate yourself and fix it , i can honestly say i have never read so much bullshit in one thread in my life.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So you paid £640 to the garage and took it away still making the same noise then instead of taking it back amd getting your money back you decided to investigate yourself and fix it , i can honestly say i have never read so much bullshit in one thread in my life.
yeah lol I knew it was in the engine bay, it came to my thought I replaced spark plugs around 5 months ago and decided to check the coil pack and the metal piece the spring was blocked by the rubber kek

·
Registered
933 Posts
yeah lol I knew it was in the engine bay, it came to my thought I replaced spark plugs around 5 months ago and decided to check the coil pack and the metal piece the spring was blocked by the rubber kek
Hey Spiizy, I'm really glad you got it sorted, and t usually is the simplest things, info have to say I agree with sxi but in a.more constructive way lol. I would honestly look to go to trading standards about that garage but first talk to them to try get some refund.

1) How was the timing chain damaged doing a clutch change? Honestly if your not too clued up on cars just go on YouTube and type in Corsa D clutch change and also Corsa D timing chain change and you will see how they do no affect each other. This is like you going in for an oil change and they say we broken your brake disc...just how????

2) Even if somehow these were connected the garage damaged the timing chain, why should you be liable for their mistake? Why are you out £120 for their mistake. Again agreeing with sxi, a timing chain kit would be about £90-£150 (you can check this on eBay and euro car parts etc yourself), so now it make you wonder the quality used and was the job done properly? You could have a.ticking bomb under there.

3) If you know how to jack up a car, I would give it a once over or take your car to a garage or Halfords for a free visual health check, don't mention another garage has had it, just say you just bought it and want to see if any major issues.

Sorry for length pal, I just don't want to see.you getting taken advantage off. I know it's always daunting going back to a garage to complain, but remember you have the power, trading standards, negative reviews, papers, but it most likely won't take that, as long as you show proof that the repairs weren't needed or acceptable, at the very least they should refund you the £120 timing chain as that was nonsense to ask you for it.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Totally agree with everson and what he says, and like I said in my earlier message, trading standards need involving as even if you did need a new clutch the timing chain job was completely unnecessary and as they damaged it they should sort it at their expense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hey Spiizy, I'm really glad you got it sorted, and t usually is the simplest things, info have to say I agree with sxi but in a.more constructive way lol. I would honestly look to go to trading standards about that garage but first talk to them to try get some refund.

1) How was the timing chain damaged doing a clutch change? Honestly if your not too clued up on cars just go on YouTube and type in Corsa D clutch change and also Corsa D timing chain change and you will see how they do no affect each other. This is like you going in for an oil change and they say we broken your brake disc...just how????

2) Even if somehow these were connected the garage damaged the timing chain, why should you be liable for their mistake? Why are you out £120 for their mistake. Again agreeing with sxi, a timing chain kit would be about £90-£150 (you can check this on eBay and euro car parts etc yourself), so now it make you wonder the quality used and was the job done properly? You could have a.ticking bomb under there.

3) If you know how to jack up a car, I would give it a once over or take your car to a garage or Halfords for a free visual health check, don't mention another garage has had it, just say you just bought it and want to see if any major issues.

Sorry for length pal, I just don't want to see.you getting taken advantage off. I know it's always daunting going back to a garage to complain, but remember you have the power, trading standards, negative reviews, papers, but it most likely won't take that, as long as you show proof that the repairs weren't needed or acceptable, at the very least they should refund you the £120 timing chain as that was nonsense to ask you for it.

they have stated the timing chain could’ve popped off as I was driving away, the timing change needed changing anyways so I was alright with it, but the clutch change was unnecessary as my clutch was ok, in the end they didn’t find what was faulty and I did by simply lifting the coil pack and adjusting the tubes

·
Registered
933 Posts
they have stated the timing chain could’ve popped off as I was driving away, the timing change needed changing anyways so I was alright with it, but the clutch change was unnecessary as my clutch was ok, in the end they didn’t find what was faulty and I did by simply lifting the coil pack and adjusting the tubes
From your previous videos, the car sound fine except the squeak. So saying it could of just popped off is a.massive overstate ment, but if your happy with the result that's the main thing, I would just honestly never go back there again. Imagine what they maybe doing to more vulnerable people

61 - 70 of 70 Posts