Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting this thread to see if anyone else has experienced problems with regards to the cars tracking. My coilovers are FK AK street and are on standard 16" design alloys (soon to be changed lol). However since taking them to a garage and having someone attempt to fix the tracking after it had been lowered it still keeps pulling badly to the right. This was not the best of garages to be fair so I went to get it re-done elsewhere and every single garage ( including kwik fit, farmers etc) said that they cant do the tracking on my car as it is too low (something to do with gauges). I have seen cars much lower on this so wondered what type of garage would sort this. The car is no lower than 90-100mm all round (but the rear wheels tyres are hidden slightly in the arches, the front tyres are not (inch gap between tyre and body). It was also fitted professionally and not by myself.

Second question, does anyone know the max that my corsa can be lowered when carrying a full load. Dont often have a full car but I find that when i do the suspension sounds very dodgy. If it is too low I dont mind adjusting it to a more suitable level. Also any recommendations for a good ride height that isnt too harsh but still still has the benefits of being lowered. The sticky thread on coilovers was very helpful but to try and find a right balance to suit is a nightmare.

Sorry for the essay but this has been bothering me for a while. Any help would be really appreciated and im sure would be useful to anyone else having these problems with these coilovers. Coilovers apart from this have been fine, better handling and looks great.

Thanks

·
Summer Feature Car 2014
4,504 Posts
Have you had normal tracking with the laser on the rear wheels or the full wheel alignment.

Ive had mine done and it still pulls a bit but this is due to different brand tyres on back.

You will need a full road set up. I had mine done at imperial tyres. This set up has 4 discs fitted to all four wheels and the laser guidance comes from a machine on the wall

Sent from my HTC Desire S

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You need to get it done on a proper laser machine. Where the gauges clip on the the alloys. Instead if on top of the tyres. As for the noises. It will be the rear adjusters hitting the mounting points. They all make this noise unless you remove them. No matter how high it is. It's one small problem with fks it's nothing too worry about. Just annoying.

Sent from a monkey in a lab using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts