Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

I've joined this forum as I'm looking at buying a D this week sometime.

I work for EDS who are a GM partner (we fix their servers/pcs) so as an employee I get a partners discount on any vauxhall.

I get 10% of most new corsas. I also get free insurance for a year on any club model. I'm 19 so this appeals alot lol. Obviously, this means I have been looking at the club A/C.

Just wondering if you guys have managed to haggle these dealers down, I'd reaaaly like the sxi, or even the design, the vx 17" alloys look great. The problem with this is no free insurance. I'm prepared to pay for the extra level of trim in the car, Id just want that free insurance deal open to that aswell. - Do you think I could get them to stretch to that?

Also, if I get the club, put my own alloys on there, notify the vauxhall free insurance people, do you think theyd charge me the difference or something? eek.

(The engine I want is the 1.4 16v.)

Havent even thought about bodykits yet... I hear that they pile on the insurance if you modify the body...

Views on this? Cheers!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
doubt you will be able to get free insurance on the sxi/design unless there was a promotion for it. afterall, its their job to wring every last penny from their customers.

you can always just buy the vx alloys for the club. might set you back a few bit though.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Hi fellas,

I've joined this forum as I'm looking at buying a D this week sometime.

I work for EDS who are a GM partner (we fix their servers/pcs) so as an employee I get a partners discount on any vauxhall.

I get 10% of most new corsas. I also get free insurance for a year on any club model. I'm 19 so this appeals alot lol. Obviously, this means I have been looking at the club A/C.

Just wondering if you guys have managed to haggle these dealers down, I'd reaaaly like the sxi, or even the design, the vx 17" alloys look great. The problem with this is no free insurance. I'm prepared to pay for the extra level of trim in the car, Id just want that free insurance deal open to that aswell. - Do you think I could get them to stretch to that?

Also, if I get the club, put my own alloys on there, notify the vauxhall free insurance people, do you think theyd charge me the difference or something? eek.

(The engine I want is the 1.4 16v.)

Havent even thought about bodykits yet... I hear that they pile on the insurance if you modify the body...

Views on this? Cheers!
Lol, another EDS member! I used to work on the GM helpdesk at Peterlee too.

The partners programme was pretty pants for me, to be honest. The 10% is off the actual price of the car, which is a lot dearer than the garage's price, so it worked out cheaper me getting the dealer's price, and haggling that down, than using the partenr's program.

Also, it's worth trying to get the £200 for the insurance knocked off too, once you have a price from one garage.

But it's worth a try getting both prices from one dealer, and saying to another "This is what I got, can you do better", and so on.

Also, if you get the VXR bodykit, it's a factory fitted kit, so it shouldn't harm the insurance, but if it does, it won't be that much, with it being a factory one.

As for the alloys, and free insurance... I have the insurance too, and you're allowed any mods you want, but only up to the price of £5,000, I think it is. So if you get the kit, there's £1,200, and say £700 on wheels, so there's another £3,000 to spend on the ICE, and other stuff.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keith,

That has helped no end thanks alot mate!

(Just found you in the GAL by the way haha)

get back to work lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Young, Oliver

Midrange Unix Commercial... 'second line'

Have fun with the Gal.. lol

We typed rude words into it before... can be amusing.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
thought you could get free insurance on the SXi but have to be like 23 for it?! :\

although that offer might of stopped.. but thats what i remember :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thought you could get free insurance on the SXi but have to be like 23 for it?! :\

although that offer might of stopped.. but thats what i remember :)
Think the other deals have closed on it,

But not being 23 and everything It wouldnt have worked out for me anyway ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got fixed price insurance on my 1.7 SXi and partners discount and an extra few grand knocked off. The SRi is being put onto the free insurance and im getting a refund for my irmscher bits that i put on and for the options that cant carry over to the SRi so haggle away with the dealer theres room for them to do a deal!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts