Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done quite a bit of searching on here and vxro and not got a full answer.

My sri turbo Dosent seem to be fitted with a brace at all, not sure if this is common or what.

First up I'm assuming the bolt holes will be there?

Second what boots are needed, I've read they are m10 but now long to pass through the bar and mounting point?

And is there a thread in the hole or does it need a nut on the other side to hold it?

Lastly do I need a specific type of bolt, for example does it need to be strengthened at all?

Any help appreciated peeps :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine didnt have a standard one on either i heard alot of sri turbos didnt come out of the factory with them, i just used an m10 bolt thats it really simple job
Alright cheers, ill have a goo fitting it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
M10, it's threaded so no nut needed, theres not much difference between the standard one and not having one at all, you can bend the stock one by hand haha

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea how long the bolt needs to be?

The bar is 10mm thick so it's just how thick the mounting thread is.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'd go 30mm M10's to be on the safe side

You'd probably be fine with 20mm but just to be sure

Sent from The bat cave.

·
Registered
515 Posts
will one of these benefit a 5 door 1.2 LE and will it actualy fit ????

my vectra is lowered on irmscher springs and handles like a dream, i just want the corsa to be as sure footed as poss without mega expense and lowering it....

·
Summer Feature Car 2014
4,504 Posts
will one of these benefit a 5 door 1.2 LE and will it actualy fit ????

my vectra is lowered on irmscher springs and handles like a dream, i just want the corsa to be as sure footed as poss without mega expense and lowering it....
Yes. I have one on mine and i noticed the difference. So many roundabouts where i am

Sent from my HTC Desire S

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes. I have one on mine and i noticed the difference. So many roundabouts where i am

Sent from my HTC Desire S
cheer's for that, seen a Griffin Autosport one for similar price to forge one, i guess they are of comparative quality as both 10mm thick and made from SS

something to sort out once i have the car here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts