Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I got bored of my D's sound so thought about upgrading it for a while, (until chritmas) and have now bitten the bullet, so here goes:

Edge gear was a rather nice christmas pressie courtesy of mum an dad (thanks)

Out comes the dash, i'm spraying it black, see if I can get away with not buyying a black one.

Anyone know if this works? Was under the bumpy thing at the top of the dash

I'm thinking of taking residence in the garage for the next few weeks lol. Portable heater seems to be better than my radiator

Sanded down then primed, can't help but notice the face though lol

Spliffing work (sorry couldn't help it lol)

More progress very soon I hope

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Progress already

Only the 1st coat of black, looks a bit rubbish at the moment, but shall see what happens tomorrow when I give it a going over with some wet and dry 1200, and a few more coats.

Thank for the comments everyone :yes:

And thanks to Jamesboy for getting the links to work :doublethumbs:
And to Null for the advice :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
i think you need to scrap the bootbuild by using the false boot floor

get some 12/18mm MDF and cut it out yourself as it will be able to hold the weight of the parts + will sound alot better

but will look good when its all done :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I was thinking of that, so i bought some 12mm MDF aswell, I'm thinking of cutting it to the same template as the false floor is now, and sticking it underneath it to hold the weight a bit better.
Sounds like a good idea, then it would look alot neater :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't it rattle underneith tho cos of the thin metal wheeel well?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't it rattle underneith tho cos of the thin metal wheeel well?
Hopefully I'm going to put some sound deadening mat down on the metal in the boot to solve this slight issue lol

Looks like it could look really nice mate, but what made you choose edge?
Cheers, erm, don't really see much Edge stuff around so going to be different lol.

Good luck with it all mate, it should look and sound very nice. :thumbs:
Thanksm and i hope it does lol

Nice progress. Shame it's Edge gear though :(
Absolutely nothing wrong with Edge gear, bright and funky, its different and i know someone with an Edge sub and sems to be ok atm lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice progress.

Shame it's Edge gear though :(

A tad harsh that is!

Edge isn't too bad, obviously its not 'Bang & Olufsen' quality but you definately get your money's worth! I know a fair few people with edge subs and they are as good as my JL's and JBL's!

Good luck with the progress mate

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A tad harsh that is!

Edge isn't too bad, obviously its not 'Bang & Olufsen' quality but you definately get your money's worth! I know a fair few people with edge subs and they are as good as my JL's and JBL's!

Good luck with the progress mate
Cheers man :doublethumbs:
Definately agree with your point there, just going for something middle of the road, as top en is waaaay out of range lol, just to liven the system up a bit.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts